Twin Turbo Supra 5 Speed Transmission on Ebay

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Pic is a bit hard to see but I think it is a W series supra box. There is an R154 on e-bay in the US at the moment for US$250 with no bids. Wish we could get them that cheap here in Australia. If you know someone who brings cargo back to Oz you could get that one here for under AUD$1000 easy.

Too bad the R154 doesn't hardly handle any power..... we've locked up the thrust washer on 3 of them already..... not enough lube to the thrust washer....

at 430 wheel horsepower, we can make about 6 full passes on the 1/4 mile before it locks up the washer...

I have about 330rwhp and have done about 35 to 40 passes down the 1/4 and mine feels as good as the day I got it (second hand unit too).
There was a dicussion on this page about the fix for the cast thrust washer by using a chromoly one.

Very good gearbox for the Toyota V8's anyhow when you compare the torque rating of the box with what most people are getting out of their UZ's.

I also run Redline synthetic gearlube in mine too which may help the thrust washer problem if you beleive what Redline say - it certainly made it shift nicer with the Redline oil.

Anyway at US$75 for a gearbox that can handle 400HP (or more appropriately for a gearbox around the 400ftlbs of torque), I think this is a very good buy.

The R154 is a great box, I just think it has an oiling issue..... I would like to see it have an oil pump in it like an E series box, then you could fire some more lube at the thrust washer...

How does a cromoly thrust washer help? The stock cast one is not being "smashed" to death, it gets squished so hard by the thrust input that the lube oil is quickly squished out.... then it gets hot and bonds to the gear, then it gets riped to shreds as it shears off the keyway pin. You can make it "stronger" and "harder", but that does not address the problem.... splash oiling to a washer that is buried between a large diameter gear and a flat plate.

Metalurgically, cast iron is a great material for a thrust washer like this.... not too brittle, not too soft, and retains oil very well.

Wish I knew the solution.... my customer has lost faith and we are not adapting a built GM TH400 auto to the 7mgte.