Twin Turbo 1UZ 4wd AC Cobra Replica Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

clintnz

My mate Mike is building this. Nissan Skyline GTS-4 running gear. Rebuilt, ported, decompressed twin turbo intercooled 1UZ power. Linkplus ECU. Here's some pics of progress so far.

cobra3.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cob1.jpg

cob2.jpg

cob3.jpg

Cheers
Clint

Yep, still 4x4. He's just trying to work out whether to try & run the std computer control on the variable centre diff or just have a sensible---->stoopid dial.

Cheers
Clint

Just manualise the line pressure to the centre diff. Work out some pre determined settings and then with the flick of the lever you go from full RWD to 75/25; 50/50 etc...whatever you find works for different situations.

Just wish the AWD UZ transfer case setup was like that, it's basically a fixed split but can be deactivated via a solenoide.

Just manualise the line pressure to the centre diff. Work out some pre determined settings and then with the flick of the lever you go from full RWD to 75/25; 50/50 etc...whatever you find works for different situations.

I think that's the likely option at the moment. So that diff just gets a continuous feed from the pump & the electronic valve next to the pump changes the pressure to alter the split?

Cheers
Clint

Pretty much. Get yourself on a skyline forum for the tech detail as i haven't actually done this myself, just know it's fairly common and reasonably easy.

There's a UZ AWD TA22 using the Skyline driveline here that has does this but not sure if jamie pops in much these days

Oooh, here it is, so any updates on this?

Quick question, with the 4wd system how is drive passed from the transfer case (which I assume is behind the gear box) to the front? Does it go underneith the engine or beside it with off centre front diffs?

Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of the layout of Skyline or Impreza 4WD systems?

Oooh, here it is, so any updates on this?

Quick question, with the 4wd system how is drive passed from the transfer case (which I assume is behind the gear box) to the front? Does it go underneith the engine or beside it with off centre front diffs?

Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of the layout of Skyline or Impreza 4WD systems?

Totally different systems Benji. WRX is FWD derived so a front diff in the gearbox with transfer case off that. GTR is RWD derived so box is more like a conventional 4WD with transfer case off the rear of the box and driveshaft heading forward to offset front diff (runs alongside the box). Plenty of pics on the web...google is your friend ;)