Tutorials

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Wish I had a "head gasket" tutorial lol. hey white_LS is your steering getting sloppy? I replaced the whole system and it wasn't too expensive but since I could not find a tutorial for the rack itself it took a whole weekend for pump+rack. Why try and rebuild? Is there a re-build kit out there?. I got my rack from David, get the remanufactured units... very close to OEM and around $200 it sure beats the $1,000 price tag from the dealer. The job of swapping out racks isn't real fun but do-able.

I took my rack out and swapped for a new one and the hardest part is getting the old one out.

1. Take out the outer tie rods
2. Unbolt the P/S lines from P/S motor and rack (needed clearance)
3. Unbolt the 2 clamps that hold rack in place, 2 19 or 17mm using box wrench up top and socket underneath to loosen.
4. Unbolt the pump/motor from the rack (uses 2 allen bolts I believe and does NOT need a gasket/silicone)
5. After "weaseling" the rack out and down as much as possible remove the
motor by wiggling vertically until its out (tight clearance but if everythings out then it should not be that bad)

6. after step 5 it should come out with little fuss.... I made the mistake of NOT jacking my car up high enough and was a little harder than it should have been. 2' would be nice :)

install is same as removal... hope it helps!