triton V8?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nomis

hi guys first off great site iv learnt heaps

iv done a search but i havent found any info about being able to put the 1uzfe into a triton rwd 1990 modle

is there any one on here that has done this or that could help me out?

iv read all the stuff about hiluxs but just woundering if any had done it to a triton

thanks heaps

as you may have noticed from this forum anything is possible try contacting dellows or castlemaine rod shop for bell housing adaptors and go from there.

another issue may be the ifs front. is it? is it 4x4? but generallly speaking the engine mounts will have to be custom made cant be too different to the hilux ones.

dellows are based in sydney www.dellowauto.com.au ithink is the address both these places will prob make what you need if they dont have it already.this can be costly tho. may need to look at a different g'box tho. will the standard one hold up long term?

castlemaine may take a while to come back they have been busy lately im told

i think i would have to put a different gear box in, i have a 2.6 at the moment and i know you can get a supra 5speed to fit onto the 2.6 with an adaptor, so maybe i should get a supra box also

thanks for the replys

supra 5sp will handle the extra power another option is the landcruser 5sp these can be found pretty cheap (tradingpost, ebay) and will usally have the tfer case for 4x4 apps on already. then you may need a custom tailshaft(s)

should be easy then. supra box would work fine. best bet is to find a crown 1/2 cut as they have seperate ecu/ect for engine and trans but will prob need a front sump from a soarer(?) or castlemaine can do one for about the 600 mark i think. the crown trans computer can apparently be tossed without the main engine one being effected. check with other members to make sure i have this right tho. do a search on kdogs posts he has done some wiring diagrams that make life very easy.

i read that some of you guys have done the V8s into your 2x4 narvars and hiluxs my question to yous is what did you actually do? do does anyone no were you could get like an instruction manual lol?

ok iv done heaps more reading and i am still really really keen on it, my only problem is gear box, what would be the best to use and how would i tell if it would fit in??

nomis,

if you plan on giving it a hard time i would chase the r150 series of 5 sp these are from the supra i think. it should come close to fitting the existing hole in the floor even if you have to mod it (the hole) a bit. then you may have to mod the rear cross member to suit and get a custom tailshaft.