TOYOTA 80 Series 4WD LEXUS CONVERSION.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krakatinny

Nice vehicle,but seriously lacking driveability.4.0 L carby job on LPG.

SOLUTION .... Chuck the dinosaur engine,and chuck in a 1UZ on straight LPG,no ecu/sensors/tps/mas/O2/etc. Gas Reaserch Carby bolted up ,lookin good with an adapter made.Holden/Bosch HEI ign distributor modified to fit the R/H/S camshaft, QLD Ignition Services made a neat set of leads to suit, which tuck into the the original covers to feed the spark plugs [9mm gas jobbies] .

ALL Good so far,motor ready to bolt in,made new sump to fit L/cruiser diff clearance issues [cant find a good rear sump motor here].CRS bellhousing/clutch/flywheel kit. Falcon twin thermo fans,its all gold.

Just a few unsolved problembs, How do these motors go on LPG for valve seat recession.Has anyone done these on gas,i'cant find any info on the web to say yey or nay.Going to chuck in a heap of ignition advance on the dyno to see the results on paper,but,no good if the valves dissapear up into the heads.Have thought about a head service but with 32 valves a new motor every couple of years would be much cheaper. Any help/comments guys/girls?

there are a heap of threads on lpg unless they got deleted as this was a hot topic last year, dont generally get valve seat probs on anything with alloy heads coz they hav hard seats anyways, for what it costs to reshim valve clearances its cheaper to buy another whole motor for $900, Im helping a mate at the mo put a 1uz in his 95 trayback cruizer, gunna go auto but

SOLUTION .... Chuck the dinosaur engine,and chuck in a 1UZ on straight LPG,no ecu/sensors/tps/mas/O2/etc. Gas Reaserch Carby bolted up ,lookin good with an adapter made.Holden/Bosch HEI ign distributor modified to fit the R/H/S camshaft, QLD Ignition Services made a neat set of leads to suit, which tuck into the the original covers to feed the spark plugs [9mm gas jobbies] .

ALL Good so far,motor ready to bolt in,made new sump to fit L/cruiser diff clearance issues [cant find a good rear sump motor here].CRS bellhousing/clutch/flywheel kit. Falcon twin thermo fans,its all gold.

Just a few unsolved problembs, How do these motors go on LPG for valve seat recession.Has anyone done these on gas,i'cant find any info on the web to say yey or nay.Going to chuck in a heap of ignition advance on the dyno to see the results on paper,but,no good if the valves dissapear up into the heads.Have thought about a head service but with 32 valves a new motor every couple of years would be much cheaper. Any help/comments guys/girls?

why not the 2UZ for the 80 (I am doing one right now) more torque which is what the 80 series needs anyway (why switch to a 4.0 when it already has a 4.0?)

I paid 1800 USD for my eng/tranny/comp/wiring harness with 18000 miles on it. it is a 4.7 liter displacement it has 245 hp and 315 ft lbs of torque (you aussies use a different measurement and I am not sure how to convert either!) here is a link to my build on Ih8Mud.com... join use me as a referal, great LC site
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=116400

I am using a Lrover LT230 Tcase, do you know of any aussie companys who specialize in these? (modifications)

I am thinking yellow on the bottom and black on the top (like the ford trucks harley davidson paint scheme) I may break it up at the body line with some nice design

there is some great stuff here as well, you guys will be a key factor in this swap, my buddy told me about this site awhile back and now that i picked up an SC 400 I came here and was schooled on quite a bit of info i wasnt aware of with these V8s.

how do you guys feel about the TRD S/C on this V8?

From all reports TRD stopped selling the superchargers because people were breaking rods.

The rods in the 2UZ are no where near as tough as the 1UZ.

I think the real problem was people swapped the blower pulley and upped the boost and that did the engine in.

So from what I have read so far the rods from the 1UZ are interchangeable with the 2uz. would I be wise to put the 1UZ rods in my 2uz? I am going to use this thing like its meant to be used.

holden dizzy on 1uz

Hey Krakatinny - any pics of the modded motor - interested in how you adapted the holden dizzy!

Ed