Totally Dead!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Holmsey

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction. I have a 1993 LS400 engine/trans in my 1960 F100 pickup. Doesn't tick over when first started but fine once warm. So today I have just come to sell the Truck and the truck starts on the button as it always does. I'm sat in the truck with the excited buyer its really a done deal, he gets his dream and I can go buy mine tomorrow.

The engine cuts out and then when I try to start it turns over, and over and over spins free but no fire-up. Then the starter just clicks not turning it over and now no ignition lights or any electrical power to anything its totally dead. I've changed the ignition switch but still nothing, battery is good.

Does the power to everything come from the starter?

I did fit a new starter a few month back and its been fine, starting on the button every time (apart from not ticking over when cold that is).

Man, that sucks... I would try jumping through the relay... Can rule out some wiring, but not exactly perfect... Battery is the source of all power, make sure you have a good contact on both poles..

I don't know much as I'm still learning on this platform, but if anything electrical was disconnected while the battery was still connected it can drain the battery almost completely... I learned this the hard way.. It would click over and all electrical would die, but would come back once the key was turned to off.

Thanks for the reply. I sorted it after messing with ignition switch, relays etc. Then after calming down and thinking rationally.. It was a loose positive cable where it enters the positive terminal on the battery it must of been arcing for a while as it was black. Fixed now.. Just got to see if I can get the deal back on track.

Yeah, hopefully the buyer will come back. Did you photograph the bad terminal? You could show him so he doesn't think the problem has "gone away to return another day".