Torsen 1 & Torsen 2 difference

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

*** Does anybody know how to tell the difference between a Torsen 1 and a Torsen 2 just by taking off the rear cover plate ?

*** And is there any difference in external appearence between a T-1 and a T-2 ?

T1.. T2

Hi.. thanks for the info.. do you know if there were any diff's with T2 in Australia ?.. and is it worth trying to get a T2 ?... are they any better ?

T1.. T2

So if i want to put a Torsen unit in my LS, i shouldn't worry about T1 or T2 ? Are you surgesting that the performance difference between the two isn't a concern ?.. I kinda thought if i was going to the trouble to put a Torsen in the LS i may as well put a T2 in but if performance wise there's very little in it i won't worry about a T2....

T1.. T2

Today i went up and had a look at a Torsen unit thats on ebay right now..., well actually it's a complete twin turbo Supra diff in pieces... and bugger me it's a T-2 !! :)
The first thing that really took me was how big the diff housing is... like it looks like its out of a big truck !! very big, beefy, heavy mother.... and the gears and bearings look like they'll do one million km with standard motor and could handle 1000hp without breaking anything... looks over engineered... I measuered everything and all the relavant measurements are the same as the LS and the stubby side shafts are the same part number for both cars so it seems like the Torsen unit may just bolt-straight-in. There's a guy in Japan selling Torsen units on ebay for $6-700 + $100 freight so we'll see what the bidding gets to... i'm hoping i'll get for under $500.... so 4 days to go.....