throttle body vacuum pipe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

elliotaw

I have removed the throttle body assembly from my motor to clean it up and do a quick clean up and rebuild on it. I've removed the trac butterfly assembly and cut off the Trac butterfly sensor mounting casting and made a blanking plate for the stepper motor. The holes left behind where the butterfly shaft passes through will be tig welded and ground back flush both sides.
I see there are 3 vacuum lines which enter through the top fo the housing, and when I removed the unit I noticed that the 2 smaller ones were blocked off with soot/crust. I've also seen pictures somewhere on this forum of this engine with these two pipes completely removed and blanked off.

What is the purpose of these 2 smaller lines? Can they be removed along with their associated components without affecting performance / emmisions etc?

Elliot

Are you sure there is 3 on top of the throttle body?
All leave vertically then bend 90degrees to horizontal?

I've got 3 throttle bodies here, and none of them have 3 lines on top.
They all have one.

Some of the yank ones will have more, because of EGR, but JDM stuff doesn't have it.

yes,definately have three pipes. I have the american export version of the of the 1UZ. The importer who found it for me said that it has more horses than the local ones. Dont know if thats true or not, probably the opposite knowing my luck. So if I have 3, do I need to keep them all ?

Elliot

It may have more horses, but all the horses are in the ECU, and I wouldn't be using a yank ecu in Australia.
Its programmed for the wrong fuel for starters, it will have the 180kph speed cut too. Not sure if JDM ones have this.
The ECU is also set for EGR, and a few other small things. This will need to be tricked.
The motor is mechanically identical though.

But that aside, all those pipes do the same thing.
I know one is for charcoal canister, you need this.
The other 2 will be EGR related, and can be deleted.

I got three tubes on tb to.

I am removing them all, as I do not have egr or the canister.

The more I can remove, the better it is.

Cool, thanks for the info. I have already ordered a US made programmable transmission controller which is being shipped as we speak, so I will already have the headache of getting an input to the OE CPU to tell it is is in Neutral. I plan on running a LINK engine management system once my vahicle has been signed off by my engineer.
He will not allow me to use any aftermarket engine CPU whatsoever, and after calling several other approved engineers have had to go with the fact that I will have to utilise the Original computer at least for a little while. The car I'm building leaves very little of the original car as it left the factory and I've pretty much hand made everything from full panels to a full steering / suspension system adapted from all sorts off unusual stuff, and we've really had to bend some of the rules to make it all happen as it is, so I really need to stick with the one engineer to save headaches in the future. Just a nightmare that I will have to go through the whole CPU wiring up thing twice.

Elliot

Just put the Lin ECU into the case of the OEM ECU. If you do some nice sheet metal work you shouldn't be able to tell that the original ECU has been changed out.

the thought had crossed my mind about swapping the CPU internals.....

I'll see how I go, I still have a lot of work to do to the rest of the car first before I get to that stage.

Elliot

vacuum lines

hopefully you guys can help me out here! while doing my water pump etc. two vacuum lines "the 2 that are up front on intake passenger side"that run down to the metal lines from the bottom of the engine, where pulled off,do they connect right to right ,left to left [looking at the engine from the passsenger side?]

and if your in Aus.what do you pay for valmos bushings over there?

Not quite sure which pipes you mean? do you have a pic?

Also not heard of 'valmos'...do you mean polyurethane bushes for suspension / steering parts ? If so then yes we can get those, though my listing shows mostly fitment for sc400 / cs400, and only 2 listings for ls400. Which bushes did you want a price on ?

Elliot

thanx rod. now anyone have a diagram of the vacuum lines on the right side [drivers side in aus. passenger side in the us and canada ]of the engine?I just won't to make sure i've got it right!:ponder:

thanx again! Dean

Here's what I found :- (SC400)

Control arm lower bush kit front bushing (bush O/D 49.5mm (early)) $72.34

Control arm lower bush kit front bushing (bush O/D 46mm (late)) $74.94

Control arm lower bush kit rear bushing (bush O/D 54.8mm (early)) $77.34

Control arm lower bush kit rear bushing (bush O/D 51.1mm (late)) $83.47

Those are listed as AU$. US$ prices would be $55.50, $57.50, $59.34, $64.04 respectively.

These bushes are aftermarket polyurethane ones made by Fulcrum suspensions. The kits come with lube and stainless steel bush sleeves. They are renowned to be the best poly bushes on the market.

Elliot

Got the parts from the throttle body chromed at last. A one week quoted job turned out to take them 3 weeks and for that they only returned 25 of the 40+ parts I gave them to chrome. Luckily, they only lost nuts and bolts and washers....but still...I had to chase up stainless steel ones...
Got it assembled today, heres how it came out :-