Throttle Body Spacer for SC400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nightsabre

I am currently interested in the performance and gas mileage yields of a throttle body spacer, but I heard it may not fit onto the 1UZ-FE, is this true? If not, what would be an ideal brand and where may I find it?

It is usually constructed of billet aluminum and looks like a 1 inch thick plate with a hole in the center and a special design that allows air to swirl into into the intake manifold to be completely combusted. It is attached between the throttle body and the thingy (whats it called?) that it was originally attached to hence the spacer. It is known to increase horsepower and throttle response significantly and yield better gas mileage.

If it's moving the butterfly further away from the valves then it would theoretically make throttle response worse... not that you'd really notice anything. It sounds like what used to be done on carbied V8's to increase the runner length and improve low-midrange torque but it wouldn't make any difference on a fuel injected engine with a plenum chamber as the mouth of the runners are in the plenum and the pulses don't go out through the throttlebody.