Throttle body and trans

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Steve Clarke

Is it correct that the outer butterfly in the throttle body is the traction control?
Does it serve any other purpose?
In other words can I disconnect the wiring and remove it.
I removed the throttle position sensors to clean the body and marked them accurately, do they have to be readjusted and how?
Can some one give me the positions and names of the external wiring connections to the transmission (Crown)
regards

A) Yes
B) No
C) Yes
D) Yes, you will need the TSRM to do it, but as long as when the throttle plate is shut, the IDL connection is continuous with ground, and as soon as you move it, it becomes Open Circuit it should be ok
E) NFI

Thanks Peewee
I take it that both of the plugs, either side of the outer butterfly can be removed only leaving the throtle position sensor on the inner butterfly.
Whats the TSRM please
regards
Steve

Thanks All
The paint is a combination of old digital camera and Mercury vapour lighting on a dark day.
Its WRX blue
I'll post some more pics as the panels go on

And with some more help to sort out the transmission

regards

i just pulled out the traction control butterfly yesterday. horrible job to do. the butterfly screws didn't want to undo and ended up shearing in half and i had to drill the butterfly out. then i removed the butterfly shaft and now have to weld up the holes that were left behind. if you can find one, it may be easier to just buy a throttle body without the traction control, maybe off an earlyer model 1uz? your car looks fantastic by the way. it seems a shame you've put the plastic covers back on the motor after polishing the cam covers etc.

Those plastic covers some real ugly wiring and fuel rails.

The ones between the cam cover and plenum are essential it you want the engine to look half organised.

After removing the T/C butterfly it leaves a great oportunity to install a 9th and 10th injector.

This is my plan anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lextreme said:
How would the electronic modification require to remove the TC/TPS. I would like to use that space for extra injectors.

David
The wiring is not looped. In otherwords it is not wired with anything else. Simply cut the wiring. Being careful though. The are 2 positive wires that need to be insulated off.
Brett

Last edited by a moderator: