The Tucoma...?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big

Ok guys and Dolls with the Tacoma...got a question for you all..

I have been here http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=80 and just noticed that the tacoma has a left side diff and transfer drop..?which is exactly what i'm looking for..but can it handle the jandle of a lex..?Manual setup with BIG tyes..?Over here the options for a SAS are limited and if I go for essentially what i need then I may as well change truck..
Are the tacoma front ends strong enough..? and what size clutch are you all running..and pressure plate?

Cheers

The Taco's front diffs are 7.5" in size, not very strong, so locking it is a no-no. SAS Tacomas have 8" diffs or bigger, but you dont need a stronger engine for rock crawling, just the right drivetrain ratios.

Hmm yes the gears of the Tacoma aren't as strong as we would like them. I have broken my rear ring and pinion before. I drive much harder than most people so I was ready for it. I have put a lot of miles on my front gears using 4wd and I haven't broken anything yet. Of course I'm running the 2.7L 4 but I really am hard on my truck off road. I haven't heard of any weakness issues with the front diff or transfer cases. But if you use 35's or larger then you should probably drive with care when in extreme conditions like crawling around on the rocks. I wouldn't be afraid of the combination though.

I have a Ford 9" rear end that I will be swapping under my truck in the near future when my engine swap is complete. I will be building the front suspension to match the rear width. I plan on using the Tacoma drive train and gear size in the front. Tacoma trucks are really light so they don't put much stress on things. I'll be mating my factory W tranny to my engine to use for a while until I come across a deal on an R150 or the new 6spd manual that come in the 06 or 07 models. Those transmissions should take the 1UZ power without sweating.

I'll be deciding on the clutch setup as I put my engine in within the next month. An pro engineer volunteered to cut and machine an adapter plate in 2 weeks.

Nah, no custom rear end for me... at least not the housing. I have a 31 spline 9" from an 84 F150 4wd which are the widest and strongest ones made. My truck doesn't weight enough to break it I don't think. I have a full floating race rear end available but it would just be overkill so I'll save the $$. I need every penny I can get for my front end fab when the time comes. The cost of parts adds up to fast!!