The Egr Block Begins?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
So far I just capped the pipe at the manifold and left everything else alone. This cut the exhaust going to the intake, so far no lights.

Scott

scotturnot said:
So far I just capped the pipe at the manifold and left everything else alone. This cut the exhaust going to the intake, so far no lights.

Scott
Cutting the pipe disables the EGR...Deleting the EGR is not the problem Saving it is....I have a deletion kit and it looks like this....

Yeah, I have that same kit sitting on the bench out in the garage. I may not use it, I guess disableing or deleting I see no difference. If you want to save the EGR weld a flange to the header and hook it up.

Later,
Scott

Cutting the pipe doesn't allow the exhaust gases to recycle threw the engine...hence canceling out the EGR...Also welding a flange onto the new headers will not work either according to JBrady the designer of the S&S Headers...I had already thought of that....

However that is interesting that just by cutting the exhaust flange pipe and capping then installing the new headers you didn't get a bad read or idle....Wow, I would have thought different....What is the point of the deletion kit if that is all that needs to be done? Something is a miss hear.....

Still would love to know how to have the headers and EGR work together .......there has got to be a way... Really the only way I can see the EGR working is by re-welding that sensor that comes off the stock exhaust manifold and relocating it somewhere on the exhaust system or on the S&S Headers.. ANYONE??????

jibbby said:
Cutting the pipe doesn't allow the exhaust gases to recycle threw the engine...hence canceling out the EGR...Also welding a flange onto the new headers will not work either according to JBrady the designer of the S&S Headers...I had already thought of that....

However that is interesting that just by cutting the exhaust flange pipe and capping then installing the new headers you didn't get a bad read or idle....Wow, I would have thought different....What is the point of the deletion kit if that is all that needs to be done? Something is a miss hear.....

Still would love to know how to have the headers and EGR work together .......there has got to be a way... Really the only way I can see the EGR working is by re-welding that sensor that comes off the stock exhaust manifold and relocating it somewhere on the exhaust system or on the S&S Headers.. ANYONE??????
I dont know why the headers with a flange on them wouldnt work? There should be no difference. I pulled my stock manifolds off and the only thing that hooks to them is the egr pipe. The headers supply the egr with the exhaust. If you are welding to the headers order them raw and save yourself $150. I had to weld a bung in mine for a pyromerter probe and had to grind a spot on the coating (that hurt).

FYI. I did just cap the tube where it hooked to the headers and did nothing else. I left the rest of the EGR intacked, thus far it Idles great, runs great, and no lights have came on. I will keep you posted if anything changes.

I just installed Headers, 2 1/2" stainless pipe through Magnaflows, a supra LSD, and a dragon TC. That woke it up, now to install my perfect power piggyback.

Later,
Scott

Good upgrades Scott, I know you love the T.C. Just throw on a nos system and your car will really wake up...You got the same stuff I got....:redface:

Well the functioning EGR and headers installation has been done..Member Verylost did it....The flange needs to be welded on or near the end of the lower exhaust down pipe.. Check this....No reported ill effects to this setup...

any thoughts?

lorenzo816 said:
... I just put the resistor in the plug the other day and have not got around to taking any of the egr unit off the car. So what's the harm for a little while? I'm getting good gas milage - and no CEL.
Wonder if I should just leave it this way - any thoughts?

Anyone have any ideas as to the harm or no-harm it is doing to the engine - by just having the transistor in and not completing the job ?

I'll do it eventually. But for now - thoughts?

--

Lorenzo 816
92 LS400
200K Baby!

I have a few questions -----

Do you think when deleting the EGR system the engine will self clean all the grime that has been built up inside the engine over time....Is that grime buildup permenant and do you think that robs the engine of horsepower?

I also understand the EGR system recycles the exhaust gases back thru the intake so in affect the intake becomes cooler in temerature.....I know that cooler air is condensed and condensed air makes for more horsepower....So horsepower may be lost with EGR deletion if that is the case, right? Maybe a pony or two any thoughts?

One last question by deleting the EGR system do you think fuel consuption is compromised.....My reasoning is this - with the deleted EGR no gases return back thru the intake so there is a volumevoid, now that void has to be filled with more fuel and air so more gas would be used.....Is that theory of mine correct?

jibbby said:
I also understand the EGR system recycles the exhaust gases back thru the intake so in affect the intake becomes cooler in temerature.....
How do you figer this?
Exhaust gas is dam hot how can it cool down the air intake?

and In my opinion The only thing going into the air intake should be AIR. (or nos). Burnt exhaust gas will not help fuel a car, so your car should make less power with EGR.

Convential thinking suggests you are correct Loroh. .However, it is the opposite....Read this entire long boring thread and your questions will be answered....EGR lowers intake temp....The egr's main function is to recycle exhaust gases back thru the intake from the headers to lower NOX....

I have read the entire thread and still stand by my theroy.

EGR only lowers combustion temp by adding a non-combustible exhaust gas back into the engine. Hence it makes less power.

And not to mention all the crud left in the engine that requires you to pull the engine down to clean.

And don't forget that crud will also cause pre-ignition.

Unless im missing somthing?

One more question

Since I only have the Transister on the engine and did not do the EGR delete... Does this STOP any CEL codes from coming up or just the "bad EGR" code?

I'm having other issues now with my AC and I need to know if I need to temporarily take the transister back off to investigate the AC issue.

Anyone?

--Lorenzo 816
92 LS400 over200k!

Many people block the EGR without any problems...I elected to keep my EGR intact as no power gains are made either way...I will just seafoam the engine once a year to keep the engine clean... I still have my EGR delete kit collecting dust on my shelf sitting right next to my rebiult Supra 4 piston calipers, rotors and pads...May start unloading some of my extra crap on Ebay.....