t400 t700

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nutta

if i get a t700 or t400 and get an adapter to mount the gearbox to the engine (1uz) how do i go about getting the internals to work correctly ie do i have to buy an adapter for the flex plate or somthing or do the t400 internals work with the toyota engine. as you can tell i dont know much about this so any help would be great as im about to buy a gearbox and dont want too many drama's with it.
do the companies that sell the adapter plates usually sell the internal pats to match up the internals of the gearbox and engine.

Our GM adaptor plate is being drawn via Solidworks with dowels included. The plate is mate with the TH400. However, it should bolt right up to the TH700-R4. They are pretty much the same transmisson. Internal transmission modification in NOT necessary unless the transmission is none function. Its a direct bolt on.

nutta said:
if i get a t700 or t400 and get an adapter to mount the gearbox to the engine (1uz) how do i go about getting the internals to work correctly ie do i have to buy an adapter for the flex plate or somthing or do the t400 internals work with the toyota engine. as you can tell i dont know much about this so any help would be great as im about to buy a gearbox and dont want too many drama's with it.
do the companies that sell the adapter plates usually sell the internal pats to match up the internals of the gearbox and engine.
Much depends on what with final configuration of the motor will be as to whther or not the TH400/700R internals will need t be built. If you want a fully built Th400, there are shops that specialize in just that. There comes a point that if you produce so much Hp, Tq the internals of the TH400 need to be reinforced.

Eric

nutta said:
I think what Nutta meant was any internal modification of the GM transmission in order to make it work with the 1uzfe engine. The answer is NO. No modification is needed to make the GM transmission to mate with the 1UZFE. The LEVY400 is the key to the mating. However, if you want the TH400 or the TH700 to handle tons of hp, then internal modification will be required.

FYI: Make you get a TH400 from a truck. It has larger and stronger shafts. Secondly, make sure you get a short tail version. The short tail Th400 is about 1/2" off the A340/341E transmission. So the yoke, driveshaft and the engine mount position is very similar to the SC400.

Ahhhh, cool cool. I see what his question was now.

Eric

Lex, I don't think you or Cowboy understand Nutta's question. The answer is "Yes,you must make an adapter to adapt the flex plate to the torque converter. You also must make an adapter to fit between the crankshaft flange and the nose of the torque converter." I purchased my adapters from Castlemaine in Australia as I was unable to find dimensions for the rear of the Toyota engine. I did have them all for the Chevy, as they are available. Lex, I am going to e-mail you some pictures of this complete adapter setup that you may post, as I have no idea how to post them.

Ernie

Z8,

The Levy converter is a Chev torque converter with the front cut off and of a Lexus torque converter front grafted on.

This means the rear of the converter fits the TH400/700 but the front actually bolts directly onto the stock Toyota flexplate and the spigot in the Toyota crank also fits the front of the converter.

The only question to be answered is the effect of an adaptor as to the fore and aft location of the flexplate but from what I understand a 10mm adaptor doesn't pose aproblem.

zuffen
thanks for the clarifaction. I am sure that grafting the two converters together will work,but it seems that an adapter ring would be a lot simpler. You would also have the advantage of being able to use the wide range of stalls available. The only downside is that the adapter between the block and bellhousing must be slightly thicker.
Ernie