Suspension is lopsided, uneven look !! Help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

I've found out that my SC400 suspension isn't at the same height level for the passenger and driver sides. The driver side is almost 0.5" lower than the passenger side. This problem is common for many SCs. I rechecked all the end links as in the correct positions as the manual. All the springs,shocks, and bushings are new. I also switched the right component to the left but it didn't help. So is there anyway to correct this?

I really don't want to spend too much for a coilover system now.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

Who installed it? Might want to rotate the springs in the right position or something like spacer might be missing or lefted out during installation.

Thanks for your reply, David. I installed them myself. I already tried to rotate the springs but there's no change. I've just recently come to Westminster Lexus today to order the rear swaybar end link and asked this question with the part sales rep. He told me that most used SCs from 2000 and older have this problem. His car has the same problem, too. He said that's the way it is. Well, that really annoys me. And I really don't think that's how it should be. There must be somethings that got worn or sagged.

I really cann't have this problem going on because the driver side camber/caster washers are already past their adjustment range. However, the passenger side is just touching its limit. If I keep this, the tires on the driver side are going out soon.

Lextreme said:
Have a fat lady seat in the passenger seat...lol....
In that case, my whole car and myself would wear out soon. Thanks for your advice....:bad:

Attachments

• ColdAirBox2.jpg
    ColdAirBox2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1
  • ColdAirBoxTrialFitUp.jpg
    ColdAirBoxTrialFitUp.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1
COILOVERS...Only way I know to be a sure fix..Other than that, take it to a profressional shop and have them look at it...

Ryan:blindfold

Hey Steve, I just went outside and measured my ride height with the eibachs I have installed, I measured almost a 1/2 inch lower on the passenger side. I haven't had any fat ladies sitting on that side, just thin ones of late, thank god. I am going with the tein Flex's to correct that problem and give me adjustable settings. I never noticed that dip on the passenger side front, oh well.

i have a similar prob with my 1990 ls400. Drivers side is lower and a few people told me its the air shocks wearing unevenly. Firstly let me tell u i dont have an answer for ur problem but i may lead u to it.. I have and aftermarket height controller in my car that was installed before i bought it and when i put the settings on low its reasonably level, about 10mm difference but when i set it to the highest there is nearly 50mm difference. i did find however if i lower the car to the lowest setting and instead of using the controller to lift i use the standard switch it lifts more evenly which would lead me to believe that it might be and electrical/sensor error that causes this. Im not saying this is it but it could be and i am not an expert with lexus's, i came from driving a 79 ford V8 to an ls400. All im saying is look at all the possabilities before spending money. Hope all goes well.

Thanks to all. But I've finally installed a Tein coilover so the lopsided problem is cured. However, before I got the Tein, I checked carefully for every suspension components and tried all possible ways but found no answer. All links, tie rod ends, bushings, bump stops, and ball joints are good, so I concluded the swaybar is the only problem. It could be out of its original shape and bent due to its high mileage.