Supercharger Height / Hood Restrictions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
For everyone who's curious & concerned about the added height of the supercharger over the stock setup, I'm happy to say the Richwood manifold and an Opcon supercharger are only 1/4" higher.

I have both a stock manifold setup and the Richwood manifold with an Opcon sitting in my garage, so I decided to take some measurements....

When sitting on my bench, the stock manifold setup measures 9" high to the top of the tabs where the throttle body bolts on.

Likewise, the Richwood / Opcon setup measures 9 1/4" high to the top of the oil plug.

So if your hood/bonnet shuts OK with the stock setup, it'll probably shut fine with the Richwood/Opcon setup.

See pics:

Went out and met Andrew yesterday to pick up my supercharger kit, amazing person and I could not be happier with the setup Andrew has put together for me. I have gone for a 2.3 litre Whipple. Was going to put up some pics but the USB ports on my computer aren't playing fair with me, so got to get that sorted first.

When I get my car out of the paint shop I will start a new thread on the install.

The Whipple sits about the same height as the Opcon.

hi just wonderin were abouts i could get hold of this sort of set up to go into a converted Hilux, Im way down in New Zealand so do you know of a company that would ship?

Justen,

The snout is quote abit lower than the top of the suoerchager.

Whilst the bonnet drops away the snout should clear easilly.

NZ V8,

I'm sure Andrew would ship of you.

He could even post it to.

hi just wonderin were abouts i could get hold of this sort of set up to go into a converted Hilux, Im way down in New Zealand so do you know of a company that would ship?

hey mate. i got a manifold and 6/71 supercharger of Andrew, grate service, fast delivery and help not just with the parts i got of him but with other tec help.

the manifold he makes is a true peace of art work (pictures don't give it justice) and he can supply a plate to sit on top to fit what ever supercharger/intake that you need.

On my SC400 I had to cut a square hole in the under hood insulation and then cut away a brace to clear the pulley. I can take a couple pictures if you like.

Nice! You even got it intercooled! I would be interested in more details of your build. Like like you did the intake like Ford did on the T-bird. I am surprised that clears the bonnet. Nicly done.

Kinda tough to follow the previous posts but here is mine.
DSCF0688.jpg
Here is a side shot of the snout over the fender lines.
DSCF0690.jpg
Here is what I did to the hood. I cut mat and bracing away.
DSCF0693.jpg
DSCF0692.jpg