Supercharger bypass valve

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JustenGT8

Hiya,
I just picked up a Bullet SC kit for the TTUZ...twin charge is go :)

It's a M90 distribured thru Harrop here in Oz. no idea how different to any other M90 it is?

Anyways, the intake runs off to the left (facing engine from front) and i need it to go the other way. I figure i may as well sell the setup i have and make my own from scratch.

where's the best place to source a new bypass valve? Richwood, or is there somewhere in Oz? Don't suggest Bullet.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/bypass.htm

and http://www.capa.com.au/eaton.htm

But those 2 items are the same as the ones a BMW MINI cooperS has standard, so a quick visit to a dealer might prove a good idea.
forget the blabber around the net regarding the mini having a JOJO effect due to the BPV, the presure you'r going to run will quickly solve that :thinking:

if not a detroid tuned version will work anyway.
http://www.detroittuned.com/products/index.php?sSection=engine&sProduct=20050219173947

I'll still need two of the remote type valves..... twin charging is also twin-expensive when it comes to this sorta thing....

PS how are you going to plumb all of that without the turbo blowing backwards through the BPV?

Grtz Thomas

Yup Lex, twins blowing into the YT1500 M90 :) Just a bit of an experiment ;)

Striker - I can't see a prob with the turbos and BPV? On cruise the BPV is open and the turbos aren't making any boost. Once you start boosting and lose vac the valve will shut. Basically the SC won't know there's a turbo there, it'll just think the air pressure is high because we're 10ft below sea level :)

What i would ideally like to have is a solenoide controlled valve. It would work as a normal BPV but i can set the inlet pressure or TPS postion it shuts at via the ECU. This would give me a slight response improvement.

Also, once the turbos are really up and running i could open the valve again which would improve flow and reduce parasitic losses from the SC.

What do you think of that idea?

How about use the 2nd butterfly setup from a GSXR or 'Busa? It's an actuated butterfly, similar to a TRAC setup in the Toyota, but used for a different purpose. That would only be 50mm or so.

Basically the SC won't know there's a turbo there, it'll just think the air pressure is high because we're 10ft below sea level

That's pretty funny

That's doable John although space is tight. Something i'll keep in mind but a bit complicated at this stage and think i might just try the standard style bypass and see how it goes.

Ah compound, no problem then regarding the BPV and the isue I meant.

was thinking sequential would prove tricky with vacuum activated BPV's since there not will be any when the turbo's spool up.

idea: the older Merc's M62's use a electro magnetic clutch that is opperated from the ecu, IIRC the inputshaft diameter of an M90 gen 3 and M62 is the same, so the clutched pully of the mercedes can be fitted. = problem solved.

grtz