Supercharger Belt Routing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Can you guys show me your supercharger (Root or twin Screw) belt routing. I am about 85% finish with my M112 and would like to see what other did. John, Scott and PWD? Pictures will be very helpful.

David, here's an assortment of photos and diagrams I've collected from our site.

I'll be using the diagram called Test Config.jpg for my next dyno session, but will eliminate the small idler above the Cooling Fan pulley, as for this test configuration it doesn't help anything, and actually decreases the belt wrap on the supercharger pulley.

For the final configuration, I'll be routing according to the diagram called Good Wrap.jpg

Thanks John for the collection of pictures. I have been playing around with configurations like above and non really work. The problem I have right now is the belt hitting the timing belt cover. I think a small pulley like 1" install right above the A/C compression would work.

This is very similar to my setup but it would need another small pulley to clear the timing belt cover.
attachment.php

I deleted the ps & ac and re located the top ribbed idler pulley to where the hydraulic solenoid valve was on the ls front pulley bracket. The top smooth pulley is from a ford focus. The belt clears the distributor cover by 4 - 5 mm.
Also gives a good wrap on the sc and crank pulley.

did it like this, needs a little altering since parts-bolts arn't yet fully torqued up, but you'll get the point.

1uzfe%20belt%20run.jpg

best regards Thomas

Thanks Striker and PWD. Can you give me more detail pictures of the left pulley? That is the only problem I have. My mounting points are interferring with the fan bracket pulley.

attachment.php

One thing I found out the Soarer/SC400 hydraulic pump has different mounting points then the Celsior/LS400 fan bracket.

Andrew supplied it for me, he made up a spacer and I only had to work out how big a hole I needed to cut in the cam belt cover. Small to start with then just dremel it bigger to clear the pulley.
Get in touch with Andrew, he will be able to give you the details of the spacer and bolt length, I didnt keep any details of them.

Yes that was what I did and didnt like the setup. Basically, it is mounted into the cams sensor housing. I dont want to drill a hole into the cover. I am using a mounting bracket that will work. Second option I have is to get a 2" pulley and will clear the fan bracket pulley too. I will should some pictures in a week when my new pulley come.

Ok.. I made a bracket last night and tried it out and it will work prefectly. I dont have to drill the plastic cover. I used the timing belt pulleys.

belt%20001.jpg
belt%20002.jpg
belt%20003.jpg
belt%20004.jpg