super charged Questions 2uz vs 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rednecknate

Okay so new to the uz world Other than i have had them fore ever... in Wifes sequioa and my tundra...

Okay Business..
I am building an olds school 4 runner 86 Remaining IFS.. Longtravel suspension, Dunes/Desert Chase rig...

Hood/Bonnet clearence is not an issue Hte frame is Strected 4" and will be using a 1 piece style front fiberglass clip...

I just bought a rolled tundra and was planning on swapping everything over...

I need about 450-500 hp

Lots of questions..

#1 I want to run a supercharger i really don't wanna get into Internal mods at all ie: pistons,rods etc...
I am leaning toward the 1uz after reading all the pluses about strength ...

I already have the 2uz..

Is there any combo of stock parts That would kick but since i have the 2uz

Ie 2uz heads on a 1uz bottom end..

Or 1uz heads on the 2uz..

I think i am leaning towards ditching the 2uz all together..mostly because of weight...

and doing either a 112 on the 1uz or a vortech..

Also I really want to run the tundra trans and t/case.. will a 1uz bolt up...
And be able to run with the stock ecm??? Cost is a factor but i am willing to spend money where necessary IT must be a minimum 400-450 crank horse .. I really like to hit 450-500 though.. what are my best options.... Im not apposed to Turbo But have had several Supercharged vehicles And just really like them alot.. Will the FISH plate work on a stock 2uz??

WHAT YEAR and car?? ls or sc is the best 1uz ill just buy a car wrecked if needed for all the swap parts

I realize this is alot of questions but just answer as best you can.. thanks In advance... Any help would be appriciated :D

Btw this is not my first Rodeo.. I have built a ton of trucks just my first 1uz-2uz venture... for power.. I have an 6.0 ls2 in the garage but wanna stay all Toyota...

First of all welcome to Lextreme. I am surprised you haven't received any help yet.

The first gen 1uzfe 1990-1994 is your best bet for turbo or supercharging. Later heads will bolt on but the VVTi function will not work and you don't want to run 2uz or 3uz heads on the 1uz since the bore is different and the piston shapes and sizes are different.

Cheapest route would be early rods in your 2uz. If you are going to that trouble maybe Lextreme rods would make sense. Stock pistons have high ringlands so you must manage temperatures or you may lift the ringlands.

Obviously detonation or pre-ignition is a huge no go.

For the power levels you want a 112 will work but be careful on heat. If you can I recommend the new TVS series. Of course a Vortech or other centrifugal will work and make excellent peak power.

thankkkkkkkssssssssss

Sweet thank you very much.... I think i have come to the conclusion I have the 2uz already and everything to make it work ..I bought a Complete rolled tundra...
i think im going to do a trd supercharger and just throw some 1uz rods in it and do a Programable Unichip and settle for around 9lbs.. All the Guys on the Tundra forums seem to be making decent long term power with the combo..

Then ill find a 1uz and build it at my leasure... :) for the time being it seems like my most cost effective alterative and the least hassle right now considering how much work im already doing this whole setup it going in a 87 4 runner and im trying to use the entire harness ac/heater/cruise etc... from the truck.......

Stick the 1uz heads on the 2uz bottom end. This way you can run massive os valves and make lots of power on the stock bottom end.

Im lost isn't the 1uz a much better bottom end ?? then the 2uz?? if so why would i run the 2uz block and 1uz heads ..

Does anyone make a manifold to put a 112 on the 2uz heads?

Ie: can i put the Cobra blower on my stock 2uz???since i can't seem to come up with a decent TRD unit.... and use the stock electronincs???? i thought i read somewhere the ports were differenet configuration on the 2uz heads?

Ive read so much its starting to blend together... Ughhhh!!! :confused:

Bullet cars in Australia make a blower manifold for the 2uz.

Blowers take up power to run so starting with more capacity and then the flow advantages of the big valve 1uz heads you will then have a great combo, big choice of cams then also available.

Bullet cars in Australia make a blower manifold for the 2uz.

Blowers take up power to run so starting with more capacity and then the flow advantages of the big valve 1uz heads you will then have a great combo, big choice of cams then also available.

Good to know thanks Man... Thinking ill install this the way it is and get a builder and just do it to it..