Stripped out 99 SC400 vs EVO X GSR ???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

So I have a good friend out in Colorado who has a bone stock 2008 EVO X and we both plan to hit the local drags this fall. I need some opinions on wether or not my build will keep up.

Here is an in depth review with all the numbers:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...ncer_evolution_comparison/road_test_data.html

Im starting with a 1992 chassis with a 99 VVt engine + 5-speed auto with these mods:

-Rush long tube headers
-dual 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust w/ straight thru canisters
-stripped interior w/ 20lb corbeau seats, no trunk interior, no A/C.
-custom ram air 3" I.D. intake located at front bumper inlet.
-high stall torque convertor

Mine will be lighter by a couple hundred pounds but lacking the AWD and manual but at the same time his AWD will have the same drivetrain loss as my auto and my power levels will be slightly higher (325BHP versis 295BHP.

If he uses his 2-step launch setup will I still be able to hang if I spool my TC?

Hey steve, do you mean to say the shift kit knocks off a solid quarter second for 0-60mph or quarter mile? I might just shim the crap out of the 1-2 and 2-3 shift solenoids. I ened to do something about my leasurely shifts. I got taken after a 75mph pull against a modded trailblazer SS w/ LS1 last week but not by much. I swear my shifts take a solid second to engage.