Stereo Install

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

I have a 92 sc400 with the Nak system with numerous problems. I have a pioneer head unit i want to install. I can't find any dash kits or harnesses, and i live out in the middle of nowhere texas. I really don't think i want the mom and pop shop in our town trying this one. I have wiring diagrams of the system, but what i'm more worried about is the physical dash install. I saw it done somewhere and it looked right. Has anyone here done and can tell me how to do it? As far as wiring I'm considering running the midrages and tweeters all off of the front 2 channels and my pioneer premier unit has the cabability of bridging the rear two channels to subwoofer output of 70 watts rms which i'd run to the rear deck free-air. I'll also be installing my infinifty Class D digital amp to a single enclosed subwoofer in the trunk, but that shouldn't be anyhassle. I'm just kinda worried about putting a 2 ohm load on the front two channels by connecting the front and back speakers. Does anyone know the resistance in ohms on the midranges and tweeters? I hope someone else has done this!!!!!!!

whats up WDoherty? I also have a 92 sc400 and let me tell you your not going to find a wireing harnesses or dash kit for our cars. i just installed a pioneer p7600mp in my sc. it took a little work i had to run all new wires to the speakers and i replaced all the speakers also. I reused the plastic box that contained the tweeters and the front speakers. I installed a bass blocker in the line to the tweeters so i dont blow them out.And i did not hook up the 10" in the back instead i installed two 12" pioneer 2000'S in the trunk. Your going to have to splice the new Head unit into the old Radio Connections and go to a hardware store and pick up some ABS plastic pannel and make a cut out to fit the dash board.Its not to hard just takes alot of time. Good Luck.

Actually, no i don't plan to use the stock amps. I also discovered that my rear 4" are dry rotted and my driver side 4" does not work. Therefore i guess i'm in for two pairs of 4". I'm thinking a pair of infinity kappa's and maybe some polk's or rockford fosgates (please recommend 4" speakers if you've had good experience with them). Anyway i have a cd-rom with the nak wiring diagram and i'm hoping to figure it out how to connect the input to the amp to the wires that were the output and that way i hopefully won't have to run wiring from the head unit to the speakers. I have a 99' DEHp-600 premier pioneer head that will do a high pass on the front and run 70 watts low pass to the rear for a sub. I want to put the front and back on that front high pass (and hopefully i won't burn up the unit running at 2 ohms), and then the original rear deck sub on that rear low pass channel. I will also be running my infinity class D digital amp powering a 12" MB Quart knock-off sub, that shouldn't pose any problems. Anyway that's the plan, let me know what brands you've had good experiece for the midranges, since my original NAk units are dead.

hey mate. i got a set of diamond audio 4 inch splits they are beutifull sounding. i have a set of m5's there not to power hungry either but they do sound crystal clear.

Hey,

i was just about to order two sets of 4" speakers, then the ebay merchant fitment chart said the sc400 has 6 1/2" in the rear. Can anyone confirm that they are 4" in the rear.
thanks

Ok, so i've fitted all the speakers and i wired in a pioneer head unit into the system. I used a wiring diagram from cd-rom i have on the sc400 to determing the wiring of the stereo system (if anyone needs it i can send it to them). I used most wires for their original purposes and used extras that went to the cd-changer to send my speaker power where the original amp was. I spliced into the original speaker output wires and waalaa, it works. I still haven't done the physical installation of the deck yet, because i'm waiting on an amp wiring kit. If anyone needs help with stereo installation just ask, hopefully i can help. Also note 4" aftermarket speakers are likely to have a gap in the stock locations, so those must be filled in. I'm selling the original Nak amp on ebay (which i tested once i got all the new speakers in and it sounds great). If anyone is interested my ebay id is will4469 and the web address to that auction is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=5770045811&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT
thanks,
will

Ok, i hadn't tried to hook into the antenna cause i only have one radio station in my small town (country), so does any one know where to get an adapter for the antenna to an aftermarket radio. Also, haven't tried to wire in the electric antenna, which i'll need to fix the antenna as well.

Its too bad I just now read your post, last year I installed a complete system in my sc400 with a pioneer head unit. It was hell tryin to find a harness, then i finally found one for about $4... cant remember where though. Ill try to post pictures of my system sometime, I used a pioneer head unit and made a custom bracket with a 7 inch fold out screen, dvd player in glove box, 2 amps concealed above the spare, 6x9 speakers in boxes in the rear. It was a pain in the ass but they fit.. As far as the antenna goes i just disconnected mine, I hate the radio but it still gets reception anyways... kind of odd. You can get an adapter at best buy.. $10.