Steering wheel wont move.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Armyman2445

The steering wheel will not move. The adjustable controls will do nothing. All it will do is make the worst noise. What do I need to change to fix this.

Do you mean when you push the button to tilt/adjust the steering, it doesn't move? Is there any noise?

:banghead:

not sure if that was a serious question or not.

you quoted a post, which answers all your questions, and really could not be read to mean anything else.

lol. correct. The tilt controls. It will come out and in, but not up and down. It makes a noise like the motor is hung up.
I just recently had a chance to look at someone's SC steering wheel that has the same issue as yours, and guess what. The plastic gear is worn out so it's not hooked up to the metal gear that's turned by the motor. You can open the steering wheel cover and look for the plastice gear on the left hand side. If you push the tilt button, the metal gear turns freely and didn't engage to the plastic gear. That's why it's not moved up or down. The noise is because the metal gear tries to engage to the plastic gear but keep slipping. I didn't really have time to remove that plastic gear, nor I checked with Lexus dealer, but I believe they have a replacement one.

yeah man i had the same problem and yes you can move tilt the wheel manually. There is a bolt on the left hand side near the tilt motor from memory that you can turn which will move your steering wheel.