speed sensor is drivin me insane

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hi-lex

Whats the deal with stopping code 42 speed sensor fault when using crown ecu with 5 spd man, I have it hooked up the same as when it had an auto using the speedo head reed switch but it still chucks a code 42 and check lite stays on, can anybody tell me if sp1 (violet/white stripe) is a neg or posative pulse? it was hooked up with standard neg pulse with auto and it worked ok then, Im gunna smash this thing with a big hammer!!!!! or maybe put a switch in to disconect check light:headache:

what sensor are u using

i dont think u can use a read switch as they are inductove por 2 wire

u need a square wave input and it has to pulse 4 times every rotation of the speedo cable

i sell devices that screw onto most toyota and nissan speedo gears that should solve the prob

but i have told u what u need ages ago so why are u complainin

Isnt a reed switch a square wave signal??

The SP1 thread of the 1UZ Crown box is the same as a GM TH400 (and prob heaps of others, not trimatic though), there are heaps of aftermarket 4 pulse per rev speed sensors (some pass through so a speedo cable can be used). Does the 5speed use the same sensor as the crown?? Any vehicle instrument place sell them, some perth places are Aisat Industries and Applied Instruments. They were about $60 when i bought one for the th400 a few years back.

reed switches are usually 2 wire so they are a sine wave inductive signal

3 wire are hall effect square switchin wave

sp1 is not 20 pulses its 20 to the speedo then gets divided to 4

sp2 is different depending if its a crown or a soarer

soarer is 4 pulses per rev of output shaft and 2 wire

crown is 32 and 3 wire

i buy alot of stuff to do speedo pulses and adjustments

so if anyone needs anything i can send it out with correct settings for most applications as i have done all the testing beforehand

reed switch is just that ,a switch , the one in the speedo head switchs 4 time per speedo rev, it is a simple on/off actual switch which IS a square wave (operated by the magnet in the speedo) it is not inductive or semiconductive like a hall effect, this worked perfect before like I said with the auto, output its just switching hi/lo, I did not have any other speed sensor connected b4 and auto shifted fine, and ecu never spat a code, maybe time to try the spare ecu