soarer taillights

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
didn't know they made euro -style tailights for the. ALthough it says you must rewire for the 92-96. I know when you add the 97+ to the sc it requires a frequency modulator that places charge like $200 for. Anyone know enough for a cheaper solution. And yeah, i'd like to see those on a car first to get a feel for them.

They are nice. But I think they're nice only when the SC or Soarer has a bodykit on to be completed. Otherwise, the lights only won't make much difference. I haven't really worked on these SC tailight wiring, but I know you can basically rewire any wiring by knowing exactly which wire does what function. And then, just hook it up. I honestly don't think any frequency modulator is needed when the older and newer SCs have many similarities. You might need 1 more person to apply the brake, signals, or reverse while you use a 12V circuit tester or a multimeter to find out what wires do what. This basic is pretty much the same when they make the towing wires.

supra style that's what i was thinking. Umm simple rewiring i'm not sure, why would companies charge 200 bucks for frequency modulators if all they needed to do was rewire some stuff. This may have to do with resistance in regard to the flasher etc.

WDoherty said:
supra style that's what i was thinking. Umm simple rewiring i'm not sure, why would companies charge 200 bucks for frequency modulators if all they needed to do was rewire some stuff. This may have to do with resistance in regard to the flasher etc.
$200 charge doesn't necessarily mean it has to be involved with much work or any special parts. First, companies charge it because they know it's a Lexus car (priority). Next, they charge more because it's an idea of modification, and not many people do it so they deserve that charge. But if it's a stock replacement part or many people make it, nah, it'll be a lot cheaper. Resistors might be used but I don't really think they're in this case. These lights are all 12VDC. Well, I've seen more ridiculous charges than this thing. I like the stock SC lights so I'm not really thinking into buying these lights. Second, my SC bodykit is only the Vertex style. Otherwise, if I have a special nice body kit, I'd try these lights out.

do you know why the 97 up lights on a 92-96 require a frequency modulator, if i understood what was going on, it would be easier for a solution.

you guys are correct about the Supra style; I'm very interested indeed.

It is true that the 97+ taillights require a frequency modulator which may be due to it's brightness and high intensity is that correct? I believe that they may not even light up without a frequency modulator if required.

can anyone that has performed the 97+ tail light upgrade educate us a bit.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 1
  • EX1.jpg
    EX1.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 0
well guys i just sent him money, we will see how it goes when they come here, shipping should be around 7to 10 days.. cant wait think it will look good, i have done the black headlights as well and rims and all this should match the car...

WDoherty said:
do you know why the 97 up lights on a 92-96 require a frequency modulator, if i understood what was going on, it would be easier for a solution.
The earlier models have an extra bulb from the newer models. So, when you connect the newer version tails to the earlier model cars, the dash lights up nthat a bulb is out. You also get a hyper flash on your signal lights. I do not know of a fix for the bulb out indicator other than to pull the cluster and remove the bulb. A CL member named Siniquezu has come up with a fix to the flasher relay that repairs the hyper flash...He charged me about $25 to mod mine. Hope that helps.

Ryan

Wow they look nice. Remember to take pics when you put them on. I can't wait to see how it look like. Is your car black color??

hey, are you bidding on those led mirror covers also? i was watching those too, but not ready to buy. Those should look very vip once painted and installed.