Single turbo sizing.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

2gtsvette

hey gang, Ive been working on my setup for quite a while but i decided to go Single. I have two turbos sitting in my basement and was wondering if i can use one of them. This is its specs.
[FONT=arial, helvetica]T04E[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]3" inlet diameter[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]2.5" INNER DIAMETER v-band outlet [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]1/8 npt oil inlet [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]T3 flange[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica].48 A/R compressor [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica].60 A/R turbine
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica].60 trim[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]thanks
[/FONT]

I am going for 6-8 psi. which is about 330 whp right..? Also the turbo is going to be placed further down the line on my exhaust system almost like morris's setup.

Obviously a Chinese turbo. It'll probably not last. When it breaks give Blaastperformance a call. They'll rebuild the chinese units starting at $250bhp.
It's a .60 A/R compressor, .48 A/R turbine. The compressor section is fine. 330whp doesn't exactly take a big compressor.
Where you come into problems is the turbine. In a twin turbo confuration you'd get away with it, but single turbo. It's going to be choking the power off horribly. The .48 t3 combo is really only good until around 250bhp(bhp not whp) until it's just too small. And that's an i4!

If you swapped it to a .63, or .82 t3 housing you'd get away with it at just 330whp. Probably have a power ceiling more up around 420-450whp.

You also need to understand the psi has nothing to do with it. It's the mass of the air entering the engine. Not the pressure of it. You haven't even told us about the turbo. There are like a half dozen t04e wheels your chinese model could have patterened.
Just taking a wild guess. You're most likely only going to see 300-350bhp or so on that turbo at such a low amount of boost.

Attachments

• IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 24
I ditto ditching that turbo for another one. A bigger t3/t4 hybrid class turbo would be fine for a minimum. I just think you're below the minimum on that one. You could do it with what I'm guessing you have. But it's going to take that turbo somewhere between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 PR, not 6-8psi you're talking hehehehe. Plus again, it'll choke .48 is small!

Holsets are very good. Comprerable to Garret GT lines, if not maybe slightly better. It is very hard to come by Holset maps, but the general consensus is that they flow less than a GT starting out, but if you really run them hard, or crank up their pressure ratio. They out-flow the GT's.

I'm not sure what exact model that is. It may be an HX35, in which case that'd be a good turbo - buy you're probably going to want to go external wastegate. Anyone else chime in on what model that is?

Good turbo's would be (from meeting your 420bhp'ish target goal without running dumb hot, or pushing the turbo really hard. least, to most overhead):
TD06 20G
GT30/76R+
t04e 60-trim
IHI/Borg-warner RHC6+
Holset HX35+ (Holset HY 35 or 40 +)
60-1+
TS04
T61+

*+ denotes larger turbo's in a family.

AFA predicting spool, it's not am impossible to answer question, but it's almost too hard to make educated guesses. There's not enough avalible information.

:Eyecrazy: nice.. just what ive been looking for... this helps a lot. Ive been looking at some of those turbos but i needed guidance. Good thing is some of those turbos are in my budget.