Project Thread Single Turbo 1UZFE VH Commodore

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i have been offered what is supposed to be a vl turbo diff for $100, it is 3.45:1 lsd center but oddly it has 25 spline axles and drum breaks?? it has holden stud pattern so stuffed if i know what its from.

turbo diffs are disk brake and 28 spline 4 pinion,sounds like a single spinner.Unless they have put a ford falcon centre in it as they can be lsd and 25 spline,not as strong as a turbo diff tho.Arent mounts on the vb-vk different to vl?Nothing abit of cut and shut wont fix.

Hey man its an auto, blew the diff to pieces the other night so have just put a 3.45 LSD in there, just got to wait for tailshaft and i'm back on the road.

Update, ran 12.90 @ 114 on 12-13 psi, white walls sloppy trans shifting 2.5 60' and having to get off it occasionally to avoid detonation :)

Its probably cost less than 7k, thats with 044 pump autometer guages LSD diff etc, i had most of this stuff lying around from previous projects so its kind of hard to come up with an accurate figure. I did everything myself though and the turbo was a freebie. The car does need a bit of a tidy up though :)

Here is a video of its first outing at 8psi, the gearbox is taking nearly 2 seconds to shift lol. http://www.oke020.com/jt/store/images/2286.wmv

I am sending the valve body to mv this week, got to sort a fuel pressure issue but i am certain it has an 11 in it at about 15psi :)

:) will have to see how it goes with et street radials and water injection, any et starting with 11. and i'll be over the moon :)

Quick update:-

Raced my budget 1uzfet VH again on the weekend, backed off the tune a bit to stop the detonation i had in the first 2 aborted passes, had to dial in a 12.99 for first round of eliminations as it was a street meet. Just before the run i decided to richen it up a bit, boy did it like it! still 2.3 60' but was 2mph and 4 tenths quicker to half, i had to hit the brakes hard before the finish line as i new i was going to brake out bad, still ran 12.86 @ 101 lol, i am certain it will run into the 11s, valvebody comes back from MVs tomorrow and the car now has et street radials so i will be able to leave with a bit of boost.

Will report back. I am bloody impressed how it goes for what it is.

I chucked the VH on the dyno on saturday to try and work out this pinging issue, i found that on the dyno i could run much much more timing without a hint of detonation, i think i will be looking into my fuel pump positions next. Here is a graph of what it made on a hot day with 14psi of boost :) i was stoked lol intercooler is letting it down a fair bit though.

2319.jpg

Yep thats what i suspect, surge tank and efi pump are sideways in the boot. I am getting a tank with a surge area so i will eliminate the lift pump and surge tank, see if that works.

Yep i have a tech edge wb02 wide band and datalogger, i am currently changing my race ke20 corolla from 13bt to 2jz power so thought may aswell chuck it in the vh. My afr's were pretty much spot on, base power run before timing changes was 357rwhp, 10 degrees or so more timing from 2psi to 14psi brought it up to 407rwhp, had to stop there though as intake temps were going stupid.

I had 430hp on 13psi so you are pretty close. I run a bit more timing, 18deg from memory but i'll have to check the map to be 100% I also run a big FMIC and water injection so intake temps stay just a few deg above ambient. A few small tweaks and you'll have another 30 or so rwhp easy :)