Second gen LS400 tune?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1998LS

Hello, I have a 1998 ls400. I’ve fell in love with this car and started modifying it without knowing a tune is nearly impossible!
I have a cold air intake, and muffler delete. I WAS planning on getting new headers and cat delete then get a tune for the check engine light that will pop up after the cat delete. My goal is to make her a sleeper… now I’m very discouraged that no one has cracked the stock ecu. I’ve put too much money in cosmetics and bolt on upgrades to simply give up now. Can anyone help me with this? Maybe a stand alone or piggyback? I’ve heard piggybacks are basically useless for me.

Any response will be greatly appreciated!

The only real option is a stand alone.

Piggybacks are overridden by the factory ECU after a period of time.

Unlike most other manufacturers Toyota was too smart for us modifiers and build an ECU you can't hack.

I'm surprised after 20 years of people working on them no one has come up with a hack.

The only real option is a stand alone.

Piggybacks are overridden by the factory ECU after a period of time.

Unlike most other manufacturers Toyota was too smart for us modifiers and build an ECU you can't hack.

I'm surprised after 20 years of people working on them no one has come up with a hack.
Hmm good to know, wasn’t sure which one I need, are there any that are preferred by most?

none of aftermarket ecus is compatible to dash, a/c , trc/vsc system
dash and a/c can be partly fixed by additional device though