Sc500

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I would have liked vertical stacks too, but I also wish to keep the hood stock.
You may have seen this pic in my build thread, I can put up some measurements if you want.

Supragarage140.jpg

Vertical ITB's, fuel rails, and throttle linkage would be really, really tight with those wide DOHC heads, but if it can be done, I'm sure you'll find a way.

Here's a video of one of Henry's BMW engines - keep in mind this is a SOHC motor, so narrower heads and more room in the Vee for the vertical ITB's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mx463EYxDI

And another, no closeups, but still that great V12 sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4gWUlXTewc

Last edited:
Well yall were talking about Vertial ITB's i dont know if this pic will help anything but. You might be able to fab something out of this if you found a 98-00 SC400 intake manifold. This is what the inside looks like.

IMAG0142.jpg

Good news! Picked up my 1GZ engine from JPR Motor on Saturday.

I did some measurements of it vs my SC400 and it looks like the swap is going to be easier than I had intially thought.

The auto tranny on the GZ is the same externally as the auto tranny in the SC so everything with it will bolt right up! Using the tranny/engine interface as a reference, look like I only have remove ~4 inches of the back of the front sump pan to clear the steering rack and can retain the front sump setup.

Additionally, the height and width of the engine is very similar to the 1UZ so I believe that I can retain the stock intake manifolds and keep it under the factory hood.

GZ is longer than the 1UZ & 2JZ so I will have to nix the hydrofan but looks like I can keep radiator in the stock location.

Will have to do more precise measurements here but I think it's going to take a lot less work than I had intially thought.

Here's some pictures!

The exhaust manifolds/headers are munched right before where the cats attached. Wish I had a set that weren't munched as I think they might even bolt to my existing 1UZ exhaust.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 29
If you're not using you stock ones, I would go for them. (Gotta figure out how much shipping would be though, I have a Fed Ex account. Where are you located?)

The flanges look close enough that they might just bolt up to my stock exhaust. Would love to try and see if it works as it could save some extra work for me, or anyone else trying the same thing. Otherwise, the ones I have are usable, just have to whack off the munched parts, weld some flanges on and make a couple adapter pipes.

Yes, planning on using the two stock DBW throttles. I have built DBW throttle controllers before. I have one sitting on my desk here that will be put to task on this project.

The two stock ECU's will be pitched in favor of the AEM EMS already in the car. It will do 12 injectors sequentially and 12 coils wastespark. Going to make a new engine harness so it plugs into the AEM and the car using the 1UZ one as a donor. So if you need ECU's or the stock harness LMK.

The cats are welded on the V12 headers IIRC, the UZ cats are flanged both ends, either way post would be costly from southern Australia.
Let me know if you are not going to use the fan pump pulley, it seems Toyota only sell the pump complete whereas the water pump pulley is sold separate???

If I don't have luck running this thing with ALL stock electrics I might call on you for HELP!
Keen to keep an eye on your car as I had thoughts of the same transplant into my sons UZZ32 (or buy one for myself to do it)

Yea, looks like the cats were yanked for the platinum as is pretty typical now a days. I'm going to have some flanges made off the stockers to make headers in the future. Gonna run the stockers now as I'm pretty sure they will fit as is.

Will let you know if I don't use the fan pulley/pump. If I do, I can always measure it up if you want to have an alloy one made. My engine even came with the stock belt if you need that info too.

If the stock ECU's give you grief, making a plug-in patch harness to an AEM, Link, Motec,... should be no sweat. I actually have a WRX/RX8 patch harness here at my shop with the same connectors as the stock ECU's and it plugs right in.

Would I have to make a trip to LV? Ha-Ha. I just noticed your signature picture, looks awfully familiar...

Thank you for the offer, but I am going to go the header route. I have a friend that's a good fabricator and he's going to give me hand with them.

Other news:

Compression on the engine checks out - 210-195psi on all cylinders. That took a while, 12 holes to check, but I am happy the engine seems to be in good shape.

Oil pan is off and will be modified along with the oil pump and pickup tube. The stock oil pickup tube exits the rear of the pump and does a 90 down into the pan. I will be plugging the rear hole, making a new one on the bottom of the pump (it's huge) and making a new pickup tube. All this for steering rack clearance.

Will post some more pictures when I get the chance.

I'm im So Cal. all the time. :)

Can't wait to see your pix

Would I have to make a trip to LV? Ha-Ha. I just noticed your signature picture, looks awfully familiar...

Thank you for the offer, but I am going to go the header route. I have a friend that's a good fabricator and he's going to give me hand with them.

Other news:

Compression on the engine checks out - 210-195psi on all cylinders. That took a while, 12 holes to check, but I am happy the engine seems to be in good shape.

Oil pan is off and will be modified along with the oil pump and pickup tube. The stock oil pickup tube exits the rear of the pump and does a 90 down into the pan. I will be plugging the rear hole, making a new one on the bottom of the pump (it's huge) and making a new pickup tube. All this for steering rack clearance.

Will post some more pictures when I get the chance.

Looks like this will be an awesome build! Looking forward to this and would love to someday see and hear it in person! Haha, ever since I've found out about the 1GZ-FE I've wanted to try and swap this into my SC but it looks like you've beat me to it and got your hands on one haha, someday I'll tackle this project!

i just swapped a 98 vvti sc400 motor into my 95 sc4 and was totally excited to do that project until i saw this monster of a project. This is absolutely the most badass of projects!! subscribed!!!

I'm watching this build intently as I plan on swapping the same engine into my SC3. I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I'm so excited and it isn't even my car! LOL

Haven't been on Lextreme for 20 months, but finally some progress to report.

Have to set final position - will probable move up maybe an inch from where it is in the photos. Once that's done, I can do motor mounts and a crazy looking oil pan.

Attachments

• IMAG1208.jpg
    IMAG1208.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG1210.jpg
    IMAG1210.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAG1212.jpg
    IMAG1212.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG1213.jpg
    IMAG1213.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 55
Hey Mitch, good to see you back and glad to see your project is moving again.

(Wish my projects were; too much time and attention being devoted to the Italian mistress)

How is this going?
Some guys in my state have bought 5 of these for kit cars, they have a twin turbo for a GT40 under construction and doing some Lambos too.

BTW, I'm still tinkering:

camcovers4_zps84e0f201.jpg