SC400 VVT-i BFI Mod does give you more power!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

scfou

I completed my BFI mod last week and finally got a chance to drive the car today. Let me tell you, you definitely feel the power when you punch it on the freeway. It's not something extra that only a dyno machine can you see the increase, but there's definitely a lot more torque and high end power. Now all together I have custom modified 2.25" exhaust piping, removal of all resonators and I think 1 cat if there is 3 altogether, and I kept the factory Lexus mufflers so that it's quiet when I drive normally. Now in addition to the BFI mod, my car sounds like there's a beast under the hood. It sounds like a V8 mustang on flowmasters. I wouldn't be surprised if my car now has upwards of 320hp from 290hp stock.

The sound will fool you into thinking the engine has picked up gobs of power when in fact each mod you've done may be good for a couple of HP.

It would be interesting to see a dyno chart on it.

man if you got 20-30 hp from that id be pissed of. i spent 400 on my SRT intake for gs400, & i dont see how cutting holes in the stock airbox w/a stock replacment k&n would flow more that mine.

I think SS headers proven to gain about 25 rwhp and our Stage II cams got 31 rwhp. BFI might give you some additional but not by much.

If you don't mind changing your oil every 3k, ditch the filter alltogether and run a fine metal screen. That would open up some more CFM over the K&N. I ran filterless for a year. It's not as scary as it sounds, just invest in a high quality oil filter and regularly check fluid condition. VVT motors respond better to smaller changes in flow than non VVT.