SC400 ecu with R154 transmission...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jtjerry

Hey

Question is simple:

What is needed to make stock sc400 ecu work with manual transmission?

I was reading much about that. Perhaps that is opportunity to put that knowledge in one topic.

Till now I read:

Pin 14 on plug 3 should have 12v. That is neutral switch. So ECU will thinking tranny is neutral and do not look at difference in vss1 and vss2 signals. Correct?

I want use r154 from supra mk3 transmission. What about speedo signal?

My r154 have speedo cable (mechanical) and I think it is useless for sc400 ECU. It have one vss sensor (electrical). That is all. IS THERE SOMEONE WHO DONE THAT BEFORE? Is that will work? or maybe I can buy speedo sensor (toyota dealer) from JDM r154 soarer and just use it?

What else is needed to make stock sc400 ECU will work with manual transmission?

Thanks

Jerry

Good questions, maybe Kdog can jump in

I have a question of my own.

If you leave the car in neutral like suggested, would the car's timing and everything be correct? Like would the motor function under stress like it would in drive?

Neutral is a good idea... I wish I had thought about that with my V6 MR2 conversions.

I suspect that the ECU is still going to freak out about an open circuit with the shift solenoids. 10ohm, 25 watt resistors work pretty well for solenoid substitutes.

Toyota speed sensor signals are all identical in wave form. I would find an electronic speed sensor that fits your transmission and simply wire it in. You have a +, -(sensor ground) and a speed signal.

Beyond that, Dakota Digital makes a very easy to use electronic speedometer calibration adjuster. (look them up on google). I suspect that if you need to fake the VSS1 & VSS2 signals, you can also rig up something using one or two of these adapters.

It is becomes funny: it is as wigrin or capricor. everyone taking about, nobody see it...

I do not see reason why that should be mistery. if somebody done manual conversion please answer.

must be tranny in neutral. ok
what else?
what with speedo sensor?
is there any another issues?

thanks

Jerry

btw any e-mail to Neil?