SC300/400 Questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GeordyBass

So I've been lookin for a small car to maybe save gas in.... I currently drive an 06 tundra V8 and still want a Yota small coupe....

So what should I look for in a SC400 or SC300? What would give me better mileage and is there any common problems I should worry about before I step in to buy one of them??? What years and model should I get? What mileage should I expect??

Thanks!!!

No help guys? I'm seriously going to buy one in a few weeks...

What kind of Mileage are you guys getting on either the V6 or the V8?

I'm set 100% on getting one just need to no which one will be lighter on the wallet.... Still want the V8 though:D

You won't get much help about the inline 6 engine on a V8 forum. :D Get the SC4. Common problems on the SC lines are: Front control arms bushings that go bad. The specific problems on the SC4 is PS pump that leaks and drops the fluid on the alternator. That'll kill the alternator. Also, ECU that controls the A/C function can go bad. The symptom is the engine will stall at idle if the A/C is turned off. Other than that, the other common problems are just interior and accessory issues like cluster dash and climate control that get blown bulbs and leaked LCD face. If the car is maintained good, then I can't think of any problems.

If you can get a later model with VVTI, then it'll be better for look and power. However, all years are good. The MPG is about real 18-22 MPG if the car is tuned up.

You won't get much help about the inline 6 engine on a V8 forum. :D Get the SC4. Common problems on the SC lines are: Front control arms bushings that go bad. The specific problems on the SC4 is PS pump that leaks and drops the fluid on the alternator. That'll kill the alternator. Also, ECU that controls the A/C function can go bad. The symptom is the engine will stall at idle if the A/C is turned off. Other than that, the other common problems are just interior and accessory issues like cluster dash and climate control that get blown bulbs and leaked LCD face. If the car is maintained good, then I can't think of any problems.

If you can get a later model with VVTI, then it'll be better for look and power. However, all years are good. The MPG is about real 18-22 MPG if the car is tuned up.

Thanks! I'll probably end up getting a pre-vvti engine just because it will be in my budget.... But too bad I'll be getting similar gas mileage to my truck lol.... I still want one anyhow just wish these little V8s were less thirstier. I did read that many people are getting about 24-27mpg though, this car will be left stock and only have minor mods like CIA and Exhaust but thats about it.

Again, Thanks!

Maybe they get 24-27 mpg is on low mileage car with stock tires. I think that's mostly on freeways. Even Toyota factory rating is 18 MPG for city. My car had aftermarket wider rims before it's modded. That probably killed the MPG. If you put in headers and exhaust and a CAI (you said CIA..LOL. :p), then you'll gain some MPG for sure because the car breathes easier. My car currently only runs 10 MPG (boost) and 15 MPG for crusing. :eek: But it's not my daily driver.