Richwood !!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I've been told, by people supposedly in the know, that the Richwood manifold, and several other "no name" manifolds were all cast at the same foundry, and different people put their own labels on them. Have no idea if this is true, but it may prompt some of the other old timers to chime in - especially those familiar with the Oz market.

BTW, if you're in the market for a manifold - try Bullet Cars in Oz.

I have sent about 4 email's to Bullet, and not had one reply.
Again it looks like a well engineered manifold, and at a very reasonable price, but not much use if they don't reply to my emails.

Finding the foundry that cast Richwoods manifold, would be very difficult from the UK but not impossible, but I'm fairly sure that unless you owned the rights to the manifold, the foundry shouldn't be casting it for just anybody.
However if I could find them, they might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have been thinking of making my own manifold, and will probably end up doing it that way.
Watch this space.

Thanks,
Iggy

Bullet haven't set the standard in the past for responsiveness by email, as so many people email without buying. Suggest you try calling them.

Hear what your saying, but I believe email to be an acceptable means of communication, especially when we are at opposite time zones.
In my opinion it's a poor show, if they don't answer to email's they shouldn't advertise the on the websites contact page.... Rant over....

I guess it depends how much you want a cast manifold as against making your own.

I will say none of the cast ones really exited me.

I put around 20 hours into getting mine to a state that I was happy with it.

It involved a lot of welding and grinding to try and get it to flow somewhere near its potential.

Richwood used to supply manifolds to Bullet and to Neil from Rush Imports, Bullet started to make their based on Andrews original manifold and there was apparently quite a big shit fight over it. Bullet went on to change the manifold to get around it and are now the only people doing cast manifolds for the 1uz. I purchased my set up complete from Andrew in 2007, and I found him a much better person to deal with than Bullet people at the time.

My only thought's were to cast a manifold.
I would like to think I'm capable of making a manifold from scratch like yourself Rod, but with the best will in the world my hands shake like leaves, and its been at the very least 30 years since I welded any aluminium.
I can make a mold out of junk I have laying around, any bits that need to be accurate, I can get laser or water jet cut, and I'm pretty good with a glue gun !!!
It would be good to get a photographic collection of home built manifolds on here, I like seeing what people are capable of building in there workshops.
Iggy

I've Been in contact with bulletcars recently, I had them quote a complete setup shipped here to the states. One thing that's happened is there's new management over there so there's no telling what's going on. I'll see if I can get ahold of them in the next few days.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's cheap by comparison to other manifolds particularly as it retains the restrictive lower runners.

Of course if this is all that's available it makes the decision easy.

I purchased one of these;
http://www.elatestacks.com/product/elate-1uzfe-t-m-charger-manifold
Great company to deal with and I received it in OZ within a week.
But be aware, this manifold is about 10mm too narrow for a Buick m90, so I had to make a slightly wider top plate.

Hi Tappet, first off glad to hear the manifold made it over to you, interesting to hear about the fitment issue with the Buick M90. Are you able to email me with some a picture or some more details of this so I can look at correcting this for the V2 patterns?

Cheers,
Travis

Hi Tappet, first off glad to hear the manifold made it over to you, interesting to hear about the fitment issue with the Buick M90. Are you able to email me with some a picture or some more details of this so I can look at correcting this for the V2 patterns?

Cheers,
Travis
Message sent.