rev limiter help ..need hi RPM's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

loosecannon

Hi,

I am using a 1uzfe in an off road application and NOT for the street, and I am looking at a few options at this stage, I will be changing the cams, custom headers, as I need 7000-7500 rpm, the engine will need to be happy at this rpm, If I use the standard ecu, what RPM will it cut the engine, I have heard 7200, also what size or type of injector can be run with the standard ecu instead of the standard ones

Makes me think a carb setup might be or feasible for consistent high RPM

Thanks in advance

Agree.

Once you change cams and throw headers at it you need to go aftermarket.

It doesn't have to cost alot.

Check what's available. SOme units are pretty affordable adn will give you more power than the factory ECU and will rev as hard as you want.

The inlet manifold will see power trail off after 6,500rpm so you may want to look into replacing the lower manifold as it is restrictive.

If you need to rev it hard I would look at gear ratios to drop the revs a little. The engine will last longer and you will be in the best torque band for you usage. I'm an old Australian Safari competior and have learnt a lot about torque and horsepower and what gets over sanddunes best. When Fontany (Safari & DakaR winner) couldn't cross a sanddune and we crossed it in second and doing 40k's an hour I figured revving it to death wasn't what you needed. It took us 10 minutes to figure out we'd crossed the dune that took him 7 attempts!

Thanks for your replies, GREATLY appreciated

This is to be used in a marine application, Yes, After market sounds like a good options
as far as engine management, your correct Rod, the costs are not much nowdays, compared to a few years ago, and I think cheaper than getting anything done with the standard ecu, plus the benefit of more options

Yes, the lower half of the manifold looks like a handbrake for RPM, be great if it came straight down from the Plenum

Check out posts by Justen of GT8 fame on this Forum.

He made one and making one yourself woudfn't be too hard an act to follow.

Change the prop pitch and diameter to bring the revs down, I wouldn't like to be revving the nuts of the poor little thing, at those rpm's it won't be long before something lets go.

Just turbo or supercharge to bring the torque up and run lower rpm's.