Replaced Water Pump... Not firing right :(

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LXS-180

I replaced the water pump on the weekend, had a mate check the timing belt before i put it all back together, and now its not firing properly. I have got a link to a vid of how its running.. Can sumone please help!

If it is the timing... does this mean i have to pull it all apart and start again??

When the water pump was replaced, we didnt take the harmonic balance off, so i dont know if the timing is wrong at that end, but both cam gears were marked and lined up properly with belt etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRshbfWnNqA

That sounds like the timing and yes you have to take it all apart again. The alternator, a/c, take the radiator out. Everything but that water pump. Make sure everything is torqued, you may have to replace your idler pulleys. Make sure that the marks match the ones on the new belt. Crank shaft at 6 o clock position and the camshafts at 1 and 11. Good luck, cause they have to be exact or it won't work correctly. I did the same as you, one side was retarded like yours. Now everything is great.

Sounds like i got another day to waste then...
Took apart the left dizzi, and it appeared that the help i had, wasnt much help as the Rotor button was forced on the wrong way... So i turned it around and still same prob...
Looks like ur right yodathespian87... as i cant be 100% sure if crank shaft was at 6 o'clock like you said.. can confirm cam pulleys were right!

For future reference the rotor cap has a key on one side. It is plastic and can be crushed or broken off. I had my timing marks a hair off and it sounded like a VW buggy, and that was maybe a degree so exact is the word. When its on rotate it 36o degrees to ensure it doesn't slip a tooth.

When u say the timing marks were off, would this pic help decide if mine are off..
and these pics were taken while crank angle thing is point straight @ 0

Attachments

• IMG_4740.JPG
    IMG_4740.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4741.jpg
    IMG_4741.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4742.jpg
    IMG_4742.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Yeah thats what I'm talking about. My passenger side crankshaft needed me to have a box wrench to hold it while I put everything back together. It was a pain!!! The other 2 look good but it looks like yours is doing the same as mine. Sometimes it would hold its self but if you bump it it will slip up or down. I was able to only take off that side and fix it with everything else put together. To bad you aren't over here, I would run over and give ya a hand.

Well i have fixed the problem, and funnily enough, was none of the problems anyone has mentioned.. Guess thats the fun of working on cars...

Turns out that because the rotor button was on backwards, when i was trying to start it then, it had flooded the spark plugs so much, that they had been turned black and covered with a thick layer of carbon...

Took out the plugs, cleaned then, and problem solved!!

Thanks for ur help guys!