Rebuilding tensioner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Peewee

Since day one, the belt on my motor has been squealing while under load.

By this I mean when the alternator is loaded up.

ie, for a second after start (coz of the drain from starting), when my thermo's kick in (coz of the inrush current), or when I push the window down button while the window is already down.
Now, if the head lights are on, the squeal from the fans kicking in will last a good 2mins (its only 1-5 secs without lights on), so I really don't like driving the car at night.

I've always put this down to a dodgy tensioner.

Anyway, at one stage, I thought it was my alternator bearing, so I put the alternator off my LS400 motor onto it. This alternator had a slightly larger pulley on it than the Crown alternator, and hence my belt was under slight more tension. The tensioner was about 95+% of the way adjusted, I REALLY struggled to get the belt on.

Anyway, after a whole nights driving (with no squealing at all), and sustained periods or 5000+rpm, the squealing began again, but this time it wouldnt stop.
So I checked it in the morning, and it turned out that I had broken the tensioner. I can move it from both extremes with my fingers.

Now, is this rebuildable?

I put my LS400 tensioner on there, but it still squeals.

Any idea what is causing the squealing?

Oh, and I tried putting drylube on the belt, didn't work.
And I sprayed some CRC brand Belt Grip on there too, that did nothing either.

Its not running a factory belt as I didn't have aircon on at the time.
But I finally got an A/C unit on there, but the A/C equiped belt is too small.
Go figure that one.

Slipping belt

Hi Peewwee, You say you fitted the LS400 Alternator with a slightly larger pully, if it's still on there would that explain the AC belt not fitting???.
As far as the belts squealing, i have had brand new belts squeal, my old man had a proven way to fix it, it works on all belts, get a standard bar of soap from the bathroom, startup the car and hold it on the inside on the belt for 10-15 seconds, this has sorted every belt noise i have ever had on any car
Regards
Lambo

Nah, the crown alternator is back on, but the belt that wont fit is from the LS400 too.

So I have a belt that is too small, and i'm using an alternator with a smaller pulley