rear mount turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
what tuning ?

you mention install yourself boost controller? that is "tuning" for 350 hp from 1jz and 400 hp from 2jz.
we do not talk about 600 hp.

all you need is 1jz swap or 2jz swap:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...021QQitemZ310018438425QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
or:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...024QQitemZ370017507394QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2jz:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USED...008QQitemZ180210692507QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...021QQitemZ310018863742QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

that take me 3 minutes of search

so must be rather truth that 1jz cost 1000 and 2jz cost 1500.
of course you must pay for shipping, say $400-500

you can pay 10000 for half of day labour (that much take remove old 1uzfe and trash it (nobody will buy it from you - it is useless engine) and put back soarer 1jzgte engine with transmission. of course if you left hand drive you must lenghten 5 connectors that come to body harness in soarer and swap two maybe 3 pins in that connectors. of course you can make that yourself and all costs are some wires nad soldering and tape, or you can pay sameone even 10 000 dollars as people take all you give them gladly).

to be realistic 1jz engine with delivery will cost you 1500 bucks and for half of day putting old engine and dropping new one garage will cash you as much as you give them but not sure how much 1 work-hour cost in your neigbourhood but must say 5000 buck is something big for 4 hours job.
when you done all electric job yourself and prepare all, that will take as much as I described. I done that to my lexus sc400 and know exactly how long time it takes.

you do not have any "tuning" for 1 bar (or 14 psi) boost on stock engine just boost regulator. that is beauty of stock boosted engine. toyota made it really good. no need for "tuning" at that very low power levels.

Why go through all that hassel to switch a v8 sc400 into a L6, why not just get a sc300 and get a turbo kit off of ebay for $1500 and install yourself.

that much take remove old 1uzfe and trash it (nobody will buy it from you - it is useless engine)

JTJerry, I am curious - if you are so obviously anti-UZ, why do you continue to stay here on a forum devoted to these motors?

Personally, I don't care for chebbie motors, Corvettes, or "typical" Corvette owners, but then I don't hang around chebbie or Corvette forums and run their motors or cars down.

So, what is your reason for being here, if you dislike the UZ motors so much?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not inviting or encouraging you to leave at all; on the contrary, I think most of us find your posts very amusing and entertaining.

JTJerry, I am curious - if you are so obviously anti-UZ, why do you continue to stay here on a forum devoted to these motors?

Personally, I don't care for chebbie motors, Corvettes, or "typical" Corvette owners, but then I don't hang around chebbie or Corvette forums and run their motors or cars down.

So, what is your reason for being here, if you dislike the UZ motors so much?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not inviting or encouraging you to leave at all; on the contrary, I think most of us find your posts very amusing and entertaining.

and don't forget incorrect John :)

how can an alloy block engine that comes with a 6 bolt mains from factory and will run 300+rwkw for years faultlessly be described as useless?

Just because you don't know what to do with it Jerry doesn't make it useless....maybe put you web search skills to work and educate yourself ???

guys if you make some effort and search that forum or clublexus.com when you will know what research I made to do something with that v8 engine. I really want it turbocharged. but after 3 years of searching and trying do something with that engine I decided trash it away and put engine that give me 400-500 hp without wheel reinventing .
If your goal is have boosted v8 engine so go that path, but if you want fast car there is much cheaper and much less hedache way do that.
I do not like or dislike 1uzfe, it is only engine. so what it has 6 bolt? so what it have 8 cylinders? so what? if it is useless?
I looking at that commumity for more than 5 years. I reads all posts about making 1uzfe boosted or manual transmission. There is little if any succes stories. I do not dislake 1uzfe just want say there is much easyly way make your car fast. And much much cheapier.
I can not imagine your 1uzfe love you have for that engine. perhaps that love is so strong because it is tragic ancient like love. you love 1uzfe and sadly it do not love you?:icon16:
peace
that forum is great for knowlege, I posted still there cause can give another people alternative way making car fast.

follow link :)

Yes the 1J and 2J are great motors, but alot to be said for the lighter, larger capacity V8, allowing better weight distribution and effortless torque.

I have been in many 1 and 2J powered cars and yet to find one that will perform as an alrounder (street, circuit, drag, autocross) like mine.

Yes many ways to make a fast car and using a UZ is close to the top of the list if you know what you are doing :)

...If your goal is have boosted v8 engine so go that path, but if you want fast car there is much cheaper and much less hedache way do that.
I don't know why you keep saying a swapping is cheaper. From what I searched a lot, nothing is cheaper than $5 Grands. The cheapest swap is the 1JZ and it's been dynoed at 400 rwhp max. The 2JZ can go up to 800 rwhp, but this is important for the swap. When you swap, you swap with an older engine without knowing the condition of the engine. It can turn out the hassle and costs more $$. For the same $$, you can rebuild the 1UZ and make it to 1000 rwhp.

The second thing is that you might forfeit the accessories that come with the 1UZ. You can make the engine run, but you might not be able to use the A/C, heater...etc.

....that forum is great for knowlege, I posted still there cause can give another people alternative way making car fast.
This I can agree on the general idea.

I dunno man, no replacement for displacement, i don't like going backwards. I know the J's have been around for a bit, and there's a great following on it, hell it's a great motor, but I feel that the 1uz has a lot of potential, look at the ka and sr guys, for the longest time ppl where all about "SR this" or "SR that" but if you look at the scene now, there are a lot more ka-t's (including myself) out there now, and a lot of them are showing up a lot of SR's. Sure it doesn't rev as high, but it makes butt loads of torque.

I know the KA and 1UZ's are different engines, but given time, just like the ka, more and more people when start making things for it. If the 1uz is so garbage, then why do the Aussies mess with it?

I look up to the Aussies, they are making things happen for the 1uz, just give it some time and let it grow, who knows? I mean hell look at some of the 1uz drag cars, didn't HKS have one that made like 2600 RWHP??

Just give it time, and let things go, if the 1uz isn't worth it to you the leave it be, but a lot of people are trying new things with it, don't call them stupid or anything, they have more drive than you did, don't discourage them.

Also Lextreme is a good site for the toyota v8, but has anyone ever checked on v-eight.com, pretty good site, they have a lot of engineering stuff on the UZ's.

Steve came by last night with his exhaust fixed and alignment. The car idles perfectly like stock and I took it to the freeway. From the red light dead stop, the tires peels at around 3k rpm for about few seconds and it shoots straight forward to redline. As I enter the freeway, the car shot to 90 mph as I merge to the left lane. The car is very smooth and no lag. With 6 psi running on his stock 1uzfe motor I would assume he is making about 275-290 rwhp.

I had a chance to test drove a 1jzgte SC300 with auto. I must say it am not impress with it. I took off like my 2.4L Previa van. Boost comes on and the car pulls at around 3k to 5k and everything flat out. The 1j has stock turbos with 10 psi. Not too impress with it.

Honestly and not being bias to any engine. I would prefer 6 psi on the 1uzfe than the 10 psi 1jzgte. The torque was feel from idle to redline and 1jzgte is sluggish and die out at 5k. I know Steve is very happy and very proud of all his hard work and finally pays off. I really encourage Steve to bump the boost up to 12 psi with additional fuel. Dyno is next for him.

Steve came by last night with his exhaust fixed and alignment. The car idles perfectly like stock and I took it to the freeway. From the red light dead stop, the tires peels at around 3k rpm for about few seconds and it shoots straight forward to redline. As I enter the freeway, the car shot to 90 mph as I merge to the left lane. The car is very smooth and no lag. With 6 psi running on his stock 1uzfe motor I would assume he is making about 275-290 rwhp.

I had a chance to test drove a 1jzgte SC300 with auto. I must say it am not impress with it...
I don't know if the 10 or more psi on the 1JZGTE can make the car's rear zig-zag under full boost at take-off, but it happens on mine due to too much torque at the rear wheels. :burnout: