Rear gears

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

markstoys

Can someone tell me whether or not I can take the gears and diff out of a MkIII Supra housing and put them into a 92 SC400 housing? I have both units now, and I have done some searching but never got a clear answer. It seems possible, but I'd hate to open both of these up for no reason.

Thanks,

Mark

the outer dimentions yes, but on the 6 speed, the internals are different and the axles shafts are different.

You only need a 6 speed rear if you use a V160 6 speed tranny. If you don't, 1st gear would be useless and 6th gear would top out much more than 120mph.

Find an "automatic" and not 6 speed manual - 1993-1998 twin turbo Supra. Those torsen LSD rear ends mount and fit perfectly into the SC400's....Guts and pumpkin it doesn't matter...Got one on my 1992 SC400...

Supra rear fits 98 GS400

Brought brand new Supra 3.76 LSD from Japan. Bolts right in, 40 mins, thats all it took. Great, they should of offered these in the GS's from the beginning, only problem is I don't think they want a 0-60, 4.9 seconds straight off the dealer floor with a 13.7 seconds 1/4 mile at 2,100 feet above sea level.

LSD for GS400

Hi Plman,

Can you give me details where I can get such a unit (and price) for my 98' GS400?

Many thanks,
CBN