R-12 OR 134a

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshawari1

I have LS400 compressor and in the sticker they write R-12 , but I fill the system with 134a …
It is run fine but with some noise in high RPM .. it is ok to keep it or re-fill it with R-12

Your compressor is most likely shot. You'll need to re-build it, or change it.
The lubricating oils found in the two are not compatible from one to another. You have to convert from one to the other. You ca't just plug in & fill with whatever you want.

For future refferance, when you have an R12 system that's serviceable but requires a re-fill. Use a product found on the internet called Freeze 12 to fill it.

Oh … it is filled by mistake by the A/C workshop !!

Toysrme
You mean by that it will not be ok if its re-filled by R-12

Attachments

• v8 amulance 001.jpg
    v8 amulance 001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 19
  • v8 amulance 002.jpg
    v8 amulance 002.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 39
  • v8 amulance 003.jpg
    v8 amulance 003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 30
  • v8 amulance 004.jpg
    v8 amulance 004.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 19
  • v8 amulance 005.jpg
    v8 amulance 005.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 14
  • v8 amulance 006.jpg
    v8 amulance 006.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 13
  • v8 amulance 007.jpg
    v8 amulance 007.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 9
  • v8 amulance 008.jpg
    v8 amulance 008.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 17
I converted a 92 Toyota pickup two months ago.

I removed the A/C pack from the cabin, all lines, compressor and condenser. Inspected all components for servicability.

Flushed all lines, condenser, evaporator, and compressor with odorless mineral spirits. ($4)
- Ensured all residual had evaporated and the compressor was free of solvent before reassembly. Turn the shaft slowly - may cause solvent to shoot from one of the compressor's ports and could get into someone's eyes. Also note that the expansion valve in the evaporator has a piece that may fall out upon disassembly, simply be aware that it is there

I changed All o-rings to the "green kind" (kit-$35 USD)

Lines are easly crossthreaded and overtorqued. Use an additional wrench to stall out torque, so lines will not twist under torque.

Ester based oil is compatible with both 12 and 134a. I pored the oil (check maintenance manual for specified amount) and leak detection dye directly into the compressor's low pressure hose and rotated the shaft a few turns before final connection of the hoses. (dye is vivid under a black light when viewed through a yellow filter)

Replaced the dryer.($20)

Pulled a vacuum, charged the system with a can and a half of 134a.

System is running very well. Heat is need on trips over 20 minutes, and at night.