power steering pump plumbing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

azza118

hi,
im trying to plumb my hilux steering box to the 1uz powersteering pump. on the pump i think there is to inlets which are around 1 inch and 3/4 and just have a oring seal with one bolt holding the pipe in place and 2 out lets which are threaded and smaller in diamiter around 1/2 inch. which do i use? any previous set ups u gys mite have that work well or any hicups that i should kno about will be a great help thanks.

hi,
im trying to plumb my hilux steering box to the 1uz powersteering pump. on the pump i think there is to inlets which are around 1 inch and 3/4 and just have a oring seal with one bolt holding the pipe in place and 2 out lets which are threaded and smaller in diamiter around 1/2 inch. which do i use? any previous set ups u gys mite have that work well or any hicups that i should kno about will be a great help thanks.

If I recall correctly the smaller threaded hole is for the idle up valve. I blocked this one with a bolt and a plastic (delrin?) washer. One of these days I just need to put a crush washer in there to replace the plastic but so far the plastic washer has held. The other tube coming off of the banjo bolt is the high pressure side. The tube on top of the pump, if it is like mine, is the low pressure side fed by the fluid reservoir. Hope this helps!