Possible Off the Shelf Pistons

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I am looking at few pistons and possible they might work with few minor mods. Here are the basic data for the 1UZ and 2UZ

1UZFE:
Bore: 87.5 mm (3.44")
Stroke: 82.5 mm (3.25")
Rod Length: 5.7455"

Possible Pistons:
* Honda H23A1: 87.50mm x 3.74" (rod length:5.571")
* Doge ECB/ECC: 88mm x 3.268" (rod length:5.470")
* Nissan VG30DE/VG30DETT: 87.50 x 3.27" (rod length:6.071")

2UZFE:
Bore: 94mm (3.70")
Stroke: 84 mm (3.31")
Rod Length: 5.7455"

Possible Pistons:
* Chevy 305: 3.736 mm x 3.48" (rod length:5.700")

lowboost said:
nice information, but its just sad that we dont have someone make us custom pistons/rods wihtout having to modify other type of car parts.

The entire point of what Lex posted is to keep the cost down by finding cheep pistons that work. We have already had a co. build us customs pistons. There are a few members out there who are putting them in there 1UZs as we speak. A company can make us pistons at a high cost but if you want that cost to be reasonable, you have to buy 10-15 Sets. As for rods, they are already out there.

Yep, rods are available at a very painfull price.

As with most things 1UZ the aftermarket hasn't discovered it yet. The players who have need to charge because they are only making 1 & 2's of parts.

SBC pistons would outsell 1UZ pistons 10,000:1 so of course the SBC pistons are cheap and plentifull.

Check out the toyota V6 pistons...

87.5mm dia and at least 2 different compression ratio's...

Has been suggested to me as a low cost piston for a turbo application...

Tobes,

Do u know which car from Toyota? I tried few models according to JE Pistons Catalog, but didnt see it. The only thing i can think of would be:

Lexus 3VZFE ES 300 92 - 93

Toyota 3VZE 4Runner 88 - 92 Toyota 3VZFE 4Runner 88 - 94

Toyota 3VZFE Camry 92 - 93 Toyota 3VZE T100 93 - 94

Toyota 3VZE Pickup 88 - 94
Toyota Engine Specs

It was a while ago so I am not 100% sure, but assumed it was the 3VZFE or 4VZFE as used in the Hi Lux/4Runner as they have the lower compression ratio.
The piston I saw was dished in a clover leaf pattern to suit the valves with the dish in an 'as cast' finish and the outer rim machined to true the deck height.
The piston was supposed to be at least as strong as the std 1UZ and produced a lower compression ratio. Was billed as a low cost street turbo piston good for around 12 - 15 psi...

Will contact the man on Monday and report back...

how about hookin me up with some of those rods for the 2uzfe..lol
icon_wink.gif

Hey guy's ( & girls if any) new here to the forum, decided to make my first post here. I was reading the thread and happened to have an engine parts book handy that has some specs in it. other toyota engines that have an 87.5mm bore are as followes:

3VZE = 87.5mm bore & 82mm stroke
3VZFE = 87.5mm bore & 82mm stroke
1MZFE = 87.5mm bore & 83mm stroke

unfortunitly it does not give me rod lengths for any of the motors. anything else that I come up with, I will be sure to chime back in with the info.

Chris

one other thing to add is that the Chrysler Corp. 2.4L engines in the mid 90's and up also had 87.5mm bores, but they had 101mm strokes, and again, I dont know the rod length. one other thing to note is that all that I have listed is US spec. (might vaary overseas)

this is from a mazda 3/6 2l 1999 on
87,5 x 83,1 dont now the rod lenght.

And the crysler sebring 2 le/lx
87,5 x 83 don,t now the rod lenght

mischa