Possible new car?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

a.Lpha

Not really sure why, but the deal is just too good. What are all your thoughts on a Porsche 924S from 1987? It wouldn't replace anything, it would just exist as well.

I'll get it properly inspected and everything else of course, just figured i'd as you guys what you all thought of the car.

Old Porsches have a well earned reputation as rust buckets, particularly any from your part of the continent that has snow & salt on the roads. I'd make sure the rust wasn't too bad, then I'd get to work planning a 1UZ swap into it!

Zuffen could probably offer some good pointers here as he's a longterm Porschist. I only owned the one, and it was definitely a rust bucket.

If I were paid to take it I would. But very reluctantly.

Then I could take it to the recyclers and get scrap value on it.

The 924 was without doubt the worst "Porsche" ever built.

Like the 914 it was built in a VW factory using an Audi truck engine!

My advice stay away from it.

You may not have made the connection on my user name. Zuffen is the first half of Zuffenhausen - where real Porsches are built.

Thank you kindly, and good to know!

I did know it was developed for VW and geared by audi, though i was also under the impression that the 924 turbo was actually something good... either way it's far too rusted for me to invest the time in working on as it's not a car i even like that much.