please help with my 1uzfe parts list.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

PhXrS

ok i have a 90-95 4runner that i want to do the 1uzfe into and need help with putting to gether a parts list, im planning on picking up a complete but wreck 95 LS400 friday, ok here is the list i have built up so far.

1. 93-99 Ls400 1UZFE, wiring harness, ECU (with Exhaust manifolds, starter, PS Pump, AC Compresor, Alternator?)

2. SC400 Oil filter relocation

3. Custom motor mounts(ebay)

4. MAF of the LS400

5. Bellhousing from LS400 mated up to stock 4runner tranny that will mated to 1UZFE

6. 4 inch lift kit

7. Larger radiator

8. 2001-2003 tundra headers.

please feel free to add to my list.

Last edited:
all of these are going into a 90-95 4runner with the 3.0 v6 4x4 automatic, im planning on keeping the ac powersteering.

Last edited:
I think the surf box is pretty much the same as the Lexus , but I think you'll need the Lexus input shaft , pump and torque converter as well as the bell housing . Swapping these parts will allow the motor to bolt up to the surf box. Also controlling the surf box , you may need to investigate.

I think the surf box is pretty much the same as the Lexus , but I think you'll need the Lexus input shaft , pump and torque converter as well as the bell housing . Swapping these parts will allow the motor to bolt up to the surf box. Also controlling the surf box , you may need to investigate.

im in the process because there is not much information on how to do the swap or sticky

your parts list can change depending on your ability to fabricate.

1st: avoid using the auto trans from the 3vze. it uses a hydraulically powered transfer case, essentially being a transmission behind another transmission. this equates to taking the 250 horses the uz puts out and turning it into about 120 by the time you get to the ground. in addition to the parasitic draw you will have to control torque converter lock up manually as the lexus ecu uses a PWM ground for lock up and the a340h (3vze auto trans) uses an on/off 12v for lock up.

best cheapest easiest automatic option i found, that is if you have the original lexus trans. use a manually shifted transfer case and trans adapter from an a340f. i found mine for $350 it came out of an 88 4runner 4cyl. but they are also in the t100.
here is a link to my trans options post over at YT
http://www.yotatech.com/f161/1uzfe-transmission-options-269990/

2: you are going to want to pull the whole engine harness uncut from were it runs to the firewall on the passenger side. i used a 1990 donor so i had to also cut out the last plug for the ecu out of the body harness. your situation may be a little different.

3: remember the igniters when getting the MAF, again try to keep the wiring to the engine whole as it will save you headache later putting it all together.

4: i went with a 2 inch body lift, i assume thats what you were referring to in your parts list. anymore than that is just silly and a bit dangerous. if i could fit it in there easier i wouldnt have installed the lift at all.

5: the reason for the tundra headers is steering shaft clearance. i cut and welded another u joint into the shaft and added a pillow block bearing bolted to the inner fender well to solve this problem.

6: radiator i got from summit and had a local place put a 90 degree bend on it facing straight up so i could use the original lexus radiator hoses with a little trimming.

7: you can use the original ls400 oil filter mount with a shorter filter works fine for me. i originally tried using an off the shelf oil filter relocation kit but found the hoses to be a little problematic to say the least. i had one blow off driving down the road.

8: oil pressure sender from the 4runner if you have a qauge if just a light no problem the lexus one will do.

if you dont have access to basic fabrication tools this will turn into a pretty costly venture.

basic tools:
tape measure
sharpie marker
reciprocating saw
angle grinder
mig welder
drill
assorted blades
cut off and grinding wheels
drill bits
socket and wrench sets
engine hoisting device
BFH
and a buddy is always helpful
i did my whole swap by myself and at times it was a huge pain in the a$$.

here is my build:
http://www.yotatech.com/f199/jmswltn-91-4runner-build-up-thread-3vz-4wd-auto-22r-2wd-manual-258425/

Last edited:
your parts list can change depending on your ability to fabricate.

1st: avoid using the auto trans from the 3vze. it uses a hydraulically powered transfer case, essentially being a transmission behind another transmission. this equates to taking the 250 horses the uz puts out and turning it into about 120 by the time you get to the ground. in addition to the parasitic draw you will have to control torque converter lock up manually as the lexus ecu uses a PWM ground for lock up and the a340h (3vze auto trans) uses an on/off 12v for lock up.

best cheapest easiest automatic option i found, that is if you have the original lexus trans. use a manually shifted transfer case and trans adapter from an a340f. i found mine for $350 it came out of an 88 4runner 4cyl. but they are also in the t100.
here is a link to my trans options post over at YT
http://www.yotatech.com/f161/1uzfe-transmission-options-269990/

2: you are going to want to pull the whole engine harness uncut from were it runs to the firewall on the passenger side. i used a 1990 donor so i had to also cut out the last plug for the ecu out of the body harness. your situation may be a little different.

3: remember the igniters when getting the MAF, again try to keep the wiring to the engine whole as it will save you headache later putting it all together.

4: i went with a 2 inch body lift, i assume thats what you were referring to in your parts list. anymore than that is just silly and a bit dangerous. if i could fit it in there easier i wouldnt have installed the lift at all.

5: the reason for the tundra headers is steering shaft clearance. i cut and welded another u joint into the shaft and added a pillow block bearing bolted to the inner fender well to solve this problem.

6: radiator i got from summit and had a local place put a 90 degree bend on it facing straight up so i could use the original lexus radiator hoses with a little trimming.

7: you can use the original ls400 oil filter mount with a shorter filter works fine for me. i originally tried using an off the shelf oil filter relocation kit but found the hoses to be a little problematic to say the least. i had one blow off driving down the road.

8: oil pressure sender from the 4runner if you have a qauge if just a light no problem the lexus one will do.

if you dont have access to basic fabrication tools this will turn into a pretty costly venture.

basic tools:
tape measure
sharpie marker
reciprocating saw
angle grinder
mig welder
drill
assorted blades
cut off and grinding wheels
drill bits
socket and wrench sets
engine hoisting device
BFH
and a buddy is always helpful
i did my whole swap by myself and at times it was a huge pain in the a$$.

here is my build:
http://www.yotatech.com/f199/jmswltn-91-4runner-build-up-thread-3vz-4wd-auto-22r-2wd-manual-258425/

thanks bro for the all the information luckly i have every tool need to fab anything i want.

yes the stock 3vz trans can have the bellhousing swapped to the 1uz item and it will all bolt up. The poster above suggested that this is a poor idea and gave a good explaination why and they are correct. I have only done a few (hundred) 1uz conversions and a few of them have been with the 3VZ surfs and I always swap out the hydraulic transfer to the gear for the VF2A from other Surfs/4 runner.