Phantom Ignition Miss... found?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

So I have had a miss on my car thats been around for a while. I think the farthest back I can recall it was my engine rebuild, and it hasn't ever fully disappeared even after new plugs/wires/caps/rotors. I was checking out my cam trigger wheel on driver side at idle and noticed that the entire pulley was slightly bent, yeah bent. It was very slight but enough that the small "tab/trigger" was visually massaging a couple mm. This would explain the random miss most frequent on inclines and certain part throttle. i want to say I have some contact but; my guess is the ecu is sending signals to increase output to the plugs but the contacts are not spot on and are not producing whats needed. Possibly ECU trying to correct? The car always gets it's groove but it totally feels like something is lagging behind. I usually need to lay off very sightly to get rid of the miss, but this is of course is once i have already reached cruising speed for whatever hill i'm climbing.

Correct the trigger disk so it runs true. Then you will know. The sensor will produce a lower signal if the trigger isn't central on the sensor.

So signal gets weaker as trigger gets pushed off center? I now how it got this way... i had a B***** of a time removing driver side cam wheel and I had a machine shop crack it for me. I was a little pissed when I heard that they used a combination of air gun + Hammer. Smart one eh? I won't go to these guys again, anyway the entire cam wheel is bent and then so would the trigger. I' thinking new one?

I have a miss and it feel exactly like an old one that I ran into when my cam sensor wires were cut in half by the timing belt, felt a lot like this.

Press, should get it straight enough if you have the right diameter plates to put over the top on it. Otherwise a new one is going to be the easiest.

Thanks KDog, looks like i'm riding the bike to school tomorrow haha. Having one ride is always interesting during school, but much more fun with a deadline.

So if the trigger "tab" is a few MM off the "weaker" signal will tell the ecu a position that isn't true? Any chance bending the tab slightly could fix this? What about the ignition points that require contact?

Mine runs fine up to around 2000rpm and to smoothly raise it above that requires flat road and dead still pedal travel. I'm guessing this is open loop? Because if I floor it the power is there and it boosts fine but ONLY at WOT. Part throttlle does not exist right now... I drive like my redline is 2K!