Optima Battery

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Got a brand new Optima Battery few weeks ago. Since i have 4 cars, i neglect to drive my Lexus LS400 for about 7 days. The battery is completely dead. I mean DEAD. I called up my battery seller and he said yeah its common for Optima Battery to die like that. Once the battery is dead, i would not take charge. Buyers beware..... FYI, i have a huge battery too. Larger than the standard size. Its a truck battery.

the yellow/blue models are best for deep discharge cycle. did you get the red model?

in any case, sounds like you had a dud battery. it should not completely drain in only 7 days.

I wouldnt be using an Optima battery anyway, wrong type of battery for a car purpose.
We dont need deep cylce capability or ridiculously large starting capacity

My optima is 10 years old...
Has been in 14-20 different cars, still starts fine, and is absorbing the extra voltage because my voltage regulator is blown...
I havent been able to kill it at all, even sitting for 3 monthes.
You must have got a dub or something

optima batt post from 7/1/05

lex i just saw your post about optima/ i you need a great battery interstate battery makes a solid gell filled battery slightly bigger than the 24 series. its over 1000 amps and is great for rear batt location9will not fit in front,hood clearance prob. i sell these at my shop and get get you cost if you need

i got hydraulic suspension, and i have 3 yellow tops for that, and one to run the car, havent put them through any hard use yet, but i was told these are the best for the job

Optima batteries actually seem to come back from the dead quite well. I used to work at a local Sears and when customers would drop off "dead" red tops, we'd throw them on a trickle charger for about 12 hours and most of the time the battery would come back from the dead and work quite well. I had one that was about 10 years old in my car for a year after reviving it before it finally died for good.

That said, I've never heard any comment about Optima batteries not having the ability to sit for weeks without a charge. It sounds like you have a faulty battery that should be covered under warranty.