Oil Supply

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Piccies will come tonight.

Essentially you would use a wastegate in the oil line. I'm sure a chat to PIRTEK or NZ would turn up the required item. I would talk to NZ first as PIRTEK really know how to charge.

The hydraulic fan pump provides (according to the factory SC400 manual) 171-356psi at idle - would be nice to know how much it produces at a higher RPM. Depending on the pressure valve that is used it may be possible to modify that to regulate the pressure internally to the pump down to turbo friendly pressures.

finally, some smart uses the pump no body wants. i like where you guys are heading with this.
dont forget the final set up will need to go through a oil filter.
i have taken off the ac pump and fan hydraulic pump the rid the engine of unessecary leeches. But mine going into a boat.
paul

Here are some photos of the pump and the tank that holds the oil.

The inlet to the pump is the pipe on the lower right hand sied and the outlet is the large union above it.

You can see the pump thru the openings in the fan.

I had toyed with using the pump to circulate intercooler water but the pressure is too great. Then I looked at using it to run a remote mounted alternator but sorted the mounting of mine out.

The last photo shows the size of the tank. It would hold around 1 litre.

From the oem manual here are the oil pressures:

Oil pressure:
At idling 0.3 kg/cm2 (4.3 psi, 29 kPa) or more
At 3,000 rpm 2.5–5.0 kg/cm2 (36–71 psi, 245–490 kPa)

So which is the correct oil pressure? would be perfect unregulated if it was as lextreme quote?? i will definately be attempting this setup on my car although i will probably build two smaller reservoirs one to collect from each turbo and just run the hole setup in series with a filter and cooler.

Ideally a turbocharger only needs about 40-45psi. Higher oil pressures may push the shaft seals out and leak. Turbo retailers sell feed line restrictors.

I had a restrictor in my turbo and ran very dry. I have seen a constant oil pressure regulator, but very expensive. Regardless of rpm, this unit will give you a constant oil pressure. At least up to the preset level.

opr-072 said:
So which is the correct oil pressure? would be perfect unregulated if it was as lextreme quote?? i will definately be attempting this setup on my car although i will probably build two smaller reservoirs one to collect from each turbo and just run the hole setup in series with a filter and cooler.

Lextreme quoted engine oil pressure, i quoted the hydraulic fan pump pressure as some ppl were interested in using that.

Engine Oil pressure (these are the minimum oil pressures, the guage on my car shows 20psi at idle and ~75psi while cruising at 2000rpm+, both while hot, cold is 75 psi at idle and max about 80psi):
At idling 0.3 kg/cm2 (4.3 psi, 29 kPa) or more
At 3,000 rpm 2.5–5.0 kg/cm2 (36–71 psi, 245–490 kPa)

Hydraulic Fan pump:
Idling: 171-356psi