Oil Pressure

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redsunbeam

Whats the oil pressure when hot at idle? The pressure switch that i have off the rover switches at 8-10 psi. I'm trying to keep the look of the rover interior as stock as i can so didnt want to fit a pressure gauge but need a bit more warning than 8 psi! It looks like the switches are 15, 20, and 25psi that are available so which can i fit?
Cheers

Whats the oil pressure when hot at idle? The pressure switch that i have off the rover switches at 8-10 psi. I'm trying to keep the look of the rover interior as stock as i can so didnt want to fit a pressure gauge but need a bit more warning than 8 psi! It looks like the switches are 15, 20, and 25psi that are available so which can i fit?
Cheers

I've seen mine drop down as low as 20psi at hot idle, maybe a bit lower but this is on the MkIII Supra gauge which is notorious for not being very accurate.

The odds of the engine failing due to low oil pressure is around 5% of any English engine so don't be afraid to rely on a 7psi switch.

I use one in my car and I've never seen the light come on.

I won't say the same for my old Rover 3.9.

yep i agree..

note if you decide to fit an oil gauger the rover bl etc style ones are no good as they top out at 60psi, seen over 80 on mine..

tim gauges though cheap are very similar in style so look ok..