Oil pan gasket?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

White ls400

When your replace the seal around the oil pan what is better to use a oem gasket if there is one or just a gasket compound. also is there any torquing order

not sure on tech side of things i find gasket maker silocone the best cause otherwise the paper obsorb the oil and seep/leak later on. or if you ever over fill it.

The silicone can make them stick pretty well.

You may have to pry one corner down then work your way around the pan.

If removing the alloy sump don't forget the 2 bolts inside the sump.

there are aftermarket gaskets I have one on order that ill have monday. I can not stand that gasket maker, if you dont get perfect coverage or an odd airbubble gets trapped or some left over oil keeps it from sealing you have an oil leak. premade gaskets are a million times better.

There's a company in Sydeny (Hornsby actually) that can make any gasket you need.

If anyone needs their contact details let me know and I'll post them up.

I know the owner but have no idea of his business contact #.

hi i just went to repco and brought a blank sheet of gasket paper its enough to make four or more gaskets i traced my pan on to it then cut it out worked a treat i think it cost around 30$

yay it gets better leak is coming from above the sump somwhere near the timing cover, would this be a seal gasket or whatever can anyone help? Cause repair bills are adding up so need to do as much as possible myself

It always gets better ;D... sounds like your front crankshaft seal is leaking. Its an easy fix.....once you get to it haha

I'm going up to Lake Macquaie sometime this week.

I'm happy to have a look and see what we can sort out.

If this suits you send me a PM and we can work out a time.

The SC400 1UZFE doesn't have the oil pan gasket so I think the LS with 1UZFE is the same. Taking out the oil pan with the silicone sticking isn't easy. Using the electric heat gun and lightly heat around the oil pan edges to melt down the old silicone. Slightly tap the oil pan and you can remove it in 5 minutes. Make sure don't heat up other components. After prying off the gasket residue, you can use acetone to finally clean the surfaces.

The high temp gasket maker silicone is a quick way to reseal it. You only need to put the silicone on the lower oil pan surfaces and there's no need to put it on the upper section. Be generous about the silicone bead of at least 2mm thick. It's better to have it sealed with the silicone falling out of the edges rather than re-doing it again. While it's stil wet, you can clean it up afer tightening the screws. For tightening the screws, it's better to start from the center, going X section to the other side and back. This pattern will make the X wider everytime. Don't torque the screws too much. I can only feel it by hand now. But if my memory doesn't betray me, the torque may be 10-12 ft/lb. Follow the dry time instruction of the silicone and you're set.