Oil in superchager

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krayn

Hi All.
This may be a long shot but I hope someone will have the answere???? A friend of mine has done a supercharger conversion into a HR Holden. The motor is a 186 CI red motor. The question I have is what oil should be used to fill up the supercharger oil sump. We are not sure what model the supercarger came off, but we do know it came off a import Mitsubishi. It is a roots style charger and has a dipstick up the front where the oil is contained to lube the helical gears. I suspect it would require a thin Engine oil, but what do other people think?? I know this is not related to a 1uz but just thought someone may know what to use. Thanks...

One question: Is this unit has it own oil? Its also know as Self Contained. If not, just use the engine oil. If it is self contained, u should get the oil from the maker of the charger.

My Eaton blower uses a very thin synthetic oil specially made for blowers. It is available from any GMH spare parts department. From memory it isn't cheap. About $25.00 for 4 fluid ounces and it took 8 ounces to fill the sump.

I am not sure whether you could use anything else.

In my opinion it is best to use the product specified by the manufacturer.

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
I rang Yella Terra about this. They use Redline MT90 All Synthetic. Between 150 and 200mls goes into their M90 terracharger, which is a Eaton M90 guts, with their own slightly different housing, and a custom length snout.
Holden oil is $28 for 110 mls, a total ripoff.
Capa use a commonly available oil in their Eaton blowers also. They just put it in their own bottle.