Oil capacity help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

iceman1110

This is the dumbest question I think I've ever had to ask. I have a 1992 sc400. I recently had the engine replaced with a low mileage one. Today I went to change my oil for the first time since having it back and it took 6 qt of oil to read full on the dipstick. This seems like too much to me? I drove it for a short amount of time and didn't notice anything weird about it or anything. Would too much oil harm the engine as I know I used to only have to put 5.5qt to read full?

Iceman (Chuck Lidell) you posted this on the club forum... Should I answer this question again for you?

5 quarts is the norm, unless the engine, oil pan and filter is bone dry then maybe 5 and half....

Nice answer Jibby.

Pity you weren't polite at the same time.

The man posted on two Forums as he needed an answer.

I'm quite sure you've done the same before.

I posted both at the same time wanting all the input i could get, i didn't figure every single person who was on the other forum was on this forum as well, thanks...

I thought I was being polite... I answered the question twice...... I really wasn't trying to be rude... I just thought my anwser was blown off on the other forum that is all...

Yes, Zuffen, I am guilty of posting the same question on both forums in the past.... The ironic thing is I still didn't get the answer I was looking for, go figure???
:chairshot:

Being slightly over filled (1/2qt or so) is not going to harm a thing except maybe a few HP due to the crank possibly having to spin through an oil bath. Drastically over filled (a few extra qt's or so) yeah leakage and blown seal could become an issue.

Questions, are you sure that you didn't by chance use a larger capasity filter? That could make for part of the differance, plus are you sure that the dip stick is the right one? IIRC, the LS engine has the dip stick in a different location and it is shorter then the SC and thus if you happen to have the LS dip stick in the SC dip stick tube then correct oil lever as shown on the dip stick would be incorrect..... Just some food for thought....

Should I answer this question again for you?

This part of your post could be easily take as being rude or snotty....

Should you have worded it " Hey, I answered your question for you on the other forum, but incase you didn't see it there, it is.............ect, ect,ect."

No one probably would have said a thing

Attachments

• P1010002 copy.jpg
    P1010002 copy.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010009 copy.jpg
    P1010009 copy.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010011 copy.jpg
    P1010011 copy.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010013 copy.jpg
    P1010013 copy.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 3
Yeah, you guys are right... That comment was uncalled for...

I am recovering from a nasty flu bug which has been going on for a full week now as it has recently turned into walking pneumonia for me and it really sucks!!!!! Coughing up sheet 24/7 and this could be the blame for my nasty comment.. Man, I hate being laid up and sick as I hardly ever am, I must say it really takes a toll on your attitude over time no matter how friendly of a person you normally are... If you don't have your health you really don't have anything at all...

All apologies......

Not looking for sympathy as I am on the mend but just trying to figure out why I would say that...