Nitrous on SC'd Tundra 5.7?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Gutz

What do I need to upgrade in order to do a 100 shot of Nitrous on my supercharged Tundra 5.7 engine? Just the pistons? Rods? Head studs etc??? Currently running on stock boost... Thanks.

Rods.

And depending on how much nitrous, you might want to put in some darton sleeves. Motor is an open deck, and my not like the extra pressure up at the top without some extra support.

Rods + pistons + ARP hardware and a tune. I am 90% sure the 3ur is a 1piece sleeve so upgrading will be difficult. I would look into a main girdle and if possible, a sleeve girdle. See if any boosted 3ur's are taking your target hp levels and see if they needed the girdle to make it work. Also, I would bet the transmission will last a while if you install a large trans cooler(RV sized) and increase your mainline pressure. Does the new tundra use a kickdown cable? Wish I had your problems :)

Last edited:
Rods.

And depending on how much nitrous, you might want to put in some darton sleeves. Motor is an open deck, and my not like the extra pressure up at the top without some extra support.

Thanks! Can I just Goofle darton and check them out?

Rods + pistons + ARP hardware and a tune. I am 90% sure the 3ur is a 1piece sleeve so upgrading will be difficult. I would look into a main girdle and if possible, a sleeve girdle. See if any boosted 3ur's are taking your target hp levels and see if they needed the girdle to make it work. Also, I would bet the transmission will last a while if you install a large trans cooler(RV sized) and increase your mainline pressure. Does the new tundra use a kickdown cable? Wish I had your problems :)

Thanks! And so far, no one has made a SC'd 5.7 with nitrous. Not sure if the Tundra has a kickdown cable, sorry... What oil cooler do you recommend?

What oil cooler do you recommend?

I found that RV spec'd trans coolers offer a lot of cooling capability for the cost. I spent $100 for a polished 12" B&W unit. It was advertised to support pulling 25,000 pounds which is a major strain. What I liked about it the most is it has "LPD" or low pressure drop feature. It bypasses fluid inisde the cooler to warm up the trans until the oil viscosity thins, then it flows across 100% of the surface area.

Thanks man!!! Can Lextreme provide all these parts for my engine minus the cooler? I saw some parts being sold on here, but not sure if anyone has bought them yet...

I know lex had a 3ur 6.0L stroker in the works but I havent heard about it in a while. I know he had a set of chevy h beam rods modified to fit so im pretty sure he can get you a piston/rod combo. As far as the girdles go, I dont know if anyone has made one for sale yet but a good machine shop could make these. I would think rods, pistons, main and deck girdles would be enough to go crazy with the boost (mechanically-wise). But before you start actually building the block, I would look into getting the thing tuned by an expert so that you know you can crank the boost safely. Even a built block can be damaged if its not tuned and i'd guess to say that your stock tune is running out of room for more boost?

Sorry, forgot your planning the 100 shot. I think your stock tune will be fine then, just make sure your supplementing enough fuel to keep the nitrous hit a bit on the rich side. A simple jet adjustment and wideband sensor can sort this easily. Looks like all you need is a built block! Keep us posted when you start the nitrous project. Your going to have a screaming tundra. Maybe low 11's with the n20?