Newbi here!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Fire Kid

Hi, My name is Josh. im have done a bit of research and decided to go the 1uz route on my 91 toyota pickup.

A little about me.
I work for a company called Alcan Spring, we design and built custom leaf springs for just about anything you want them on!

I'm With a desert race team called Fire Guys Racing. I've been with them for about 2 years now. We race an 87 toyota 2wd truck, currently has a 3rz 2.7l 4cyl fully built with 10:1 compression pistons and mild cams. (apx. 235hp. 270tq) were planing on upping it to 12:1 and full race cams 280+hp? 350tq? good possibility!!!

Ive always been very interested in desert racing, i love the feeling of going as fast as you can through the desert without wrecking or causing any damage.

SOO the truck now. currently I'm running a 22re 2.4 4cyl that i built about a year and a half ago and have come to the limits on it. i want the power of the 1uz.

here's some pics

mms_picturejpg257.jpg

mms_picture_2-1.jpg

mms_picture-1.jpg

mms_picture-5.jpg

feel free to chime in and give me suggestions!

yeah the 2rz and 3rz are the same just slightly smaller valves and less stroke. in all honesty the 22re is a better engine to turbo. i know a guy that races a turbo'd 22re and is getting about 350hp and its pretty mild 7lbs of boost

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the 2rz and 3rz are the same just slightly smaller valves and less stroke. in all honesty the 22re is a better engine to turbo. i know a guy that races a turbo'd 22re and is getting about 350hp and its pretty mild 7lbs of boost

I would have a twin cam these days.. The ports on latter model engines can make some serious h.p numbers..